Chapter 6

Knock Knock

"Come in." I called out.

"Hey it's me Luke. I'm taking Noah and my little cousin Theo to the park that is up the street. Do you want to come with?" He walked over to my bed and sat at the end of it.

"Sure. Right now?"

"Yeah...but you don't have to come if you don't want to."

"No I do."

He smiled. "Alright well I will be waiting downstairs." He got up from my bed and started walking to my door.

"Okay give me a minute and I will be down."

"Okay." He walked out of my room. Shutting the door behind him.

I grabbed out a pair of jogging shorts and a t shirt that matched my shorts. Right as I took off my clothes the door flew open making me almost shit myself. I looked over to see Brad who's eyes widened but then went back to normal he shut the door and walked in.

"What the hell? Get out!" I hurried and grabbed my shorts pulling them up.

"Relax you're not the first girl I've seen with their clothes off." He smirked. I rolled my eyes and quickly put on my shirt.

"Next time knock." I hissed.

"Next time lock your door." He said.

I walked into the bathroom and pulled up my hair into a pony tail. Brad walked in leaning against the door frame watching me. I turned and looked at him.

"Do you need something?" I asked. I grabbed my toothbrush and put toothpaste on it. I started brushing my teeth.

"Your mom made me come up here to get you." He said. I spit out my toothpaste and grabbed a little paper cup I filled it with water and swallowed the water down. I wiped my mouth off on a towel and put my toothbrush back.

"What does she want?" I asked. Walking back into my room and sitting on the floor so I could put my shoes on.

"Shopping." He stood behind me and flicked my pony tail side to side. I smacked his hand away.

"Shopping for what?"

"This weekend we are all suppose to go out to dinner at some fancy resteraunt and they're making us dress up. Then I guess we are going to go hangout with my family after dinner." He sighed and so did I.

"Kali are you still com- what are you doing in here?" Luke asked Brad.

"He came to tell me what my mom said." I stood up and grabbed my phone. I put my hands onto Brad's back and pushed him out my door. I closed the door behind me and followed Luke downstairs.

~°~

"So do you like it here?" Luke asked. We were sitting on a bench together watching Theo and Noah play on the playground.

"Yeah it's cool but it's still weird to be living with all of you boys." I let out a little laugh.

He smiled and rubbed the back of his head. "I bet. It's even weird for us living with you and your mom but more you." He said.

"Why more me?"

"Well...you're a teenage girl who we aren't related too and not to sound like a creep but you're really pretty." He shyly smiled. I blushed.

"Thanks." I awkwardly said with a smile.

"Can I ask you something?" He asked.

"Sure." I moved my head to the side so I could see him better.

"Do you think my dad and your mom will last?"

"I have no idea." I honestly said.

"My dad hasn't been this happy in a while. It's good to see him like this." Luke smiled.

"Yeah my mom hasn't been happy in a while either. I'm glad she found John though."

"Yeah I'm glad he found Kate. May I ask you what happen to your dad?"

"He's still around. I use to see him a lot but something happen a couple years ago and I haven't talked to him sense. He sends me letters." I sighed.

"May I ask what happen?"

"I don't like to talk about it...sorry."

"It's okay...well sense you told me about your dad. It's only right for me to tell you about my mom." He rubbed his hands together and put one in his hair messing it up and then putting his hand back down. "My mom left us all four years ago. She was tired and I guess just couldn't handle being a mother of five kids." He sighed.

"I'm sorry." I put my hand on his. He looked over at me.

"It's okay. I was young but I still remember it. It was rough on all of us. It sucked but I think we're all over it now...well I am."

I took my hand off of his. He stood up and so did I.

"Enough of this sad talk. How about we get back home before it gets dark out." He said.

"Yeah lets go."

"Theo, Noah come on! It's getting dark out. We need to get home." Luke shouted at the boys. They both came running over to us. Noah held my hand while Theo held onto Luke's hand.

~°~

The talk me and Luke had made me feel closer to him and the other boys. We all had something in common. Parent drama. I felt bad that I didn't tell Luke more about my dad but then again I didn't because I barely know the kid. We just met a few days ago and I've never told anyone about what happened with my dad. My mom and only a few family members on my moms side are the only ones who know.

"Hello? Kali are you okay?" My mom snapped me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah sorry. I'm fine." I said.

"It's okay sweetie. I haven't asked you yet but how are you and the boys getting along?" She asked as we looked through dresses for this weekend.

"Good I guess? But it's only been a few days."

"True well I'm glad you're getting along. Have you develop any crushes on them?" She wiggled her eyebrows.

"What? No ew." I said too quickly.

"Mhmm sure you haven't." She gave me a look like she knew something.

Okay yes I think Brad and Carter are cute but I'm not going to admit it.

"I'm going over here to look so if you need me just come over. Okay?" She said.

"Okay." I said. I looked around for a few minutes until I found the perfect dress. It was a little black dress. I went to go try it on and it fit perfectly. Yeah it was a little short but not like slut short...it was very cute and I actually couldn't wait to wear it. I bought the dress and mom bought a dress too. We went and picked out shoes. I got really cute black flats. Mom then surprised me and we both got our hair done and even our nails done.

It was a really good day. After all of that we ate some lunch and then we headed home.

"Hey you two are finally back! We started to get a little worried." John kissed my mom on the forehead.

"He means he started to get a little worried not we." Brad corrected him. I rolled my eyes.

"Well don't you two look good." Shawn smiled at me and my mom.

"Thank you Shawn." Mom smiled and then made her way upstairs. John followed behind her.

"Thanks Shawn." I smiled.

"Thanks Shawn." Brad mimicked me. He still hasn't looked up at us. He was to busy on his phone.

"Well anyways I better go put my bags away." I said.

"Oh hey Kali." Carter entered the room.

"Hey Carter." I said.

"You look different..." He starred me down making me feel nervous.

"Yeah...I got my hair done." I said.

"Oh well you look good." He smiled.

"Thanks." I smiled back.

Brad finally looked up at me.

"You look uh...weird." He said still looking at me.

"Oh gee thanks."

"What he really ment is you look great." Shawn smiled.

"Yeah well I gotta go. Be back down for dinner." I quickly walked upstairs and into my room. I hung my dress up in the closet and sat my flats out by my other shoes.

I layed down on my bed just for a couple of minutes. Resting my poor feet from walking all day.

I made my way downstairs. I ate dinner with everyone. We all talked about random stuff but right after we were done eating. I went straight to my room. I jumped into the shower washed off and then jumped back out. I got ready for bed. I layed down and covered up with my blankets. I rolled over onto my side and drifted off to sleep.

So Happy New Years to some of you!! 🎉☺️

I still have like 6 more hours until it's officially 2014 over here!

Anyways have a great day! :)

Vote/Fan/Comment!
💕