Chapter 23

~Three Days Have Passed By Since The Party~

Brad and I have been trying to avoid each other ever since the party.

Every time we made eye contact it would be so awkward and I would make sure to look away as fast as I could.

I just wanted to know if he actually meant what he said when he said he liked me but I mean he was drunk and he has a girlfriend so I bet he doesn't.

I made my way into the kitchen. I could hear laughing. A girls laugh. I knew it wasn't my moms laugh.

I tip toed to the living room and peaked my head around the corner. I saw Brad and some girl sitting on the couch. They were very close. He had his arm around her. He was kissing her cheek a bunch of times. She kept giggling.

I rolled my eyes and walked to the kitchen. I grabbed a bowl of cereal and ate at the table.

"Oh hi." A high pitch voice said. I turned around and saw the blonde headed girl that was sitting on the couch with Brad.

"Hey." I mumbled.

"You're the new girl well was the new girl. Your name is Kali right?"

Please stop talking to me before I throw my bowl of cereal at your head.

Gosh I'm so violent.

"Yes."

"Are you and Brad close?" She joined me at the table.

No you can't sit with me. What made her think she could sit with me?

"No."

"Oh okay good. Do you like uh...live here?"

"No I'm just visiting." I sarcastically said but she didn't seem to get it.

"Oh are you like Luke or Carter's friend?"

Please stop talking to me.

You make me want to bang my head on this table.

"Both I guess."

"By the way you are really pretty. I'm totally jealous." She said.

"Thanks."

"Well as long as you aren't close to Brad we can become great friends." She twirled her blonde hair and flashed me a smile.

I just nodded and kept eating my cereal. I didn't answer her because I really didn't know how to respond to what she just said.

"Well it was nice talking to you. Bye!" She stood up and left.

I sighed in relief. Finally she left. I twirled my spoon around in my bowl of cereal.

Carter came in and joined me at the table. I knew he was starring at me but I didn't bother to look at him.

"What's wrong? You've been acting weird for the past three days." He said.

"I'm fine." I mumbled.

"No you aren't. How about I take you out. We can go play mini golf."

"Okay." I looked up at him. He smiled.

"I will go get ready. Meet me right back here in ten minutes."

"Alright." I smiled. He walked out of the kitchen. I cleaned up my cereal bowl in the kitchen sink. Brad walked in. We both stood there for a minute just looking at each other.

"Hey." His voice was low.

"Hey."

He rubbed the back of his neck. "Look I'm sorry about what happened at the party. I shouldn't have done that."