Chapter 36

Last night was very unexpected. I'm still in shock about what happened between Brad and I. Like what now? It's going to be so awkward and uncomfortable to be around him. I mean we made out and we had are shirts off! Oh my gosh just thinking about it makes me not want to leave my room. Actually I've been in my room all morning and it's almost two in the afternoon and I'm starving! I can't just keep hiding out. Obviously we are going to see each other. We live in the same house and go to the same school.

I got up and went to my bathroom to take a shower. After I took a shower I put on some clean clothes. Black leggings and a plain dark blue T-shirt. I wore a pair of black socks and put my hair up into a messy ponytail. I let out a long breath before I made my way out of my room. I kept my eyes straight forward. I didn't want to look around and then see Brad.

"Kali." His voice was low and came out more of a whisper.

Shit. Shit. Shit.

I swallowed hard and turned around to see Brad in just his grey sweatpants. Are you serious right now? Is he trying to make this hard for me?

My eyes couldn't help but trail down his body.

"Can I talk to you for a minute in my room?" He asked.

"Sure." My voice was quite. I followed him to his bedroom. I walked inside and he closed the door behind us. He walked over to his bed and sat down. I sat beside him but of course I left space between us.

He put his hand through his hair. "Okay so about last night. You're right." I'm right? What? I waited for him to go on. "I guess I was just drunk and not thinking so...I'm uh sorry." He looked over at me. He had a sad expression on his face and I felt bad because I think he meant for it to happen. I know he wasn't drunk. I didn't even smell alcohol on him. Why is he lying?

"Brad." I looked down at my hands and started playing with my fingers.

"Yeah?"

"You don't have to lie." I looked over at him. Damn this boy is so attractive.

"I'm not lying." He looked straight into my eyes when he said this which made me so confused because now I'm believing he didn't lie.

Maybe he is telling the truth.

I'm just secretly kind of wishing he isn't.

My phone started ringing and I saw it said 'Lucy'. I put it back onto my lap and didn't answer it.

"You can answer that if you want." Brad said.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah I'm done talking unless you had something to say?"

"No I didn't."

"Alright well I'll see you around Kali." He looked at me and gave me a small smile. I smiled back and then got up and made my way out of his room. I called Lucy back.

"Hello?" She answered.

"Hey what's up? How are you feeling today?"

"I actually woke up with no hangover. So I am feeling great!"

"That's good."

"Yeah anyways I saw your messages about what happened last night between you and Brad. So how are things today between you and him?"

"We are good I guess. He said he was drunk and wasn't thinking."

"Well you sound a little sad about that."

"Yeah I kind of am anyways I have to go. I will call you later."

"Alright bye."

"Bye." I hung up.