chapter two

Chapter Two: Francis

"When we were five, they asked us what we wanted to be when we grew up. Our answers were things like, Astronaut, President or in my case, a Princess. When we were ten, they asked again.  We answered rock star, cowboy or in my case, a gold medalist. But now that we've grown up, they wanted a serious answer. Well, how about this - who the hell knows? This isn't the time to make hard and fast decisions, this is the time to make mistakes. Take the wrong train and get stuck somewhere. Fall in love – a lot. Major in Philosophy because there is no way to make a career out of that. Change your mind and change it again because nothing's permanent. So make as many mistakes as you can. That way someday when they asked what we wanna be, we won't have to guess – we'll know."

As much as Jessica pained Edith by being annoyingly stupid and bitchy, her speech inspired her in many different ways on so many levels. Edith was ready to make mistakes with a smile on her face and embrace the past and future with open arms.

She hadn't forgotten her past but she had learned how to deal with it since living with the Cullen's - they brought her a form of peace.

Edith had a lot of bad memories, she was easily led astray which was never a good sign. There had been many a time when the rest of the Cullens would have to fight her bloodlust for her. She was often considered to have a worse bloodlust than Jasper and that said something between the family.

She was, once, a well known vampire within the vampire community. She craved blood, more than others. However, she didn't drink blood to survive, she killed for sport. The Volturi infamously covered up her incidents and wiped out villages to protect their secret all because Edith had gone in killing sprees.

Her memories of the past were isolated into silence in the back of her mind but still present in her heart; her time with the Volturi unsettled her. She was more depressed than Marcus and that was when Aro knew he had to let her go, even though she was too special. Aro wanted Edith to find her mate and then they would join the Volturi but that was never going to be her plan. The Volturi's way of living disgusted her so much that it broke her apart from them all and love soon turned into hate, she hated herself more than anyone else. She hated that she was an addict.

Edith wasn't all depressed and filled with a tragic hole in her heart, she tried not to be, she did have a love for living although she didn't show it that much. She was carefree and somewhat in love with the world and Edith wanted to rediscover that; after Bella turned. She planned to visit Japan and England, catch up with some old friends.

Jessica opened up wounds that hadn't been healed; Edith had been in love twice in her whole lifespan.

She wouldn't know if she would call it love.

She knew she loved her human mate, she would have gone to the ends of the Earth for him.

When she resided with the Volturi, she sparked a romance with Alec. She had almost considered Alec a best friend more than a lover but he was there and so was she.

Edith had been through a lot of pain; she had lost her human mate because of herself.

Alec had unofficially met his mate while on a mission which he didn't want to accepted because that would mean that he would lose Edith and that wasn't an option. Apparently, it became on option. Alec simply couldn't live without Svetlana. This happened to spike another blood trail amongst villages.