chapter five

Chapter Five: The boy with the Beautiful Face

Edith could not move, she stayed in the exact same spot on the floor as she felt like her feet were glued, her legs shaking

Edith could not move, she stayed in the exact same spot on the floor as she felt like her feet were glued, her legs shaking. The boy looked back at her with the same exact reaction. He was stunned, he was absolutely intrigued by her and he looked as though he had won the lottery. He had found his other half. Edith was his imprint and he was her soulmate; her mate.

It had been so long since she had felt like this and it was consuming. She knew then why she had been thinking about those in the past  lately and it was because her body and mind wanted them out her system so she could feel free with this boy right in front of her.

She didn't even know his name but she had the urge to protect him and comfort him. His aura was intoxicating and she wanted more.

However, he was a shapeshifter, her natural enemy which disgusted her slightly as she sighed at the thought of a werewolf mate. Was this a joke? She thought to herself.

He stood at around 6ft 4 with beautiful russet skin, he had long round muscles and an expression of joy plastered on his face. Edith noticed he had a thin face and black, raven hair and a slightly dimpled chin which she thought was adorable.

She just wanted to breathe him in and exhale him, he smelt divine, better than any werewolf and they normally came with quite a unappealing scent that was used to seek them out.

He seemed that he would have a shy and quiet personality and he was all that she hoped for, unknowingly. Jacob and Bella didn't know what was happening as they were still in conversation.

"Was my right hook too subtle for you. That was me uninviting you."

"Look, Bella I'm sorry, about you know...the kiss and your hand. I'd blame it on the whole inner animal thing, but it was really just...me being an ass. I'm really sorry."

Edith started at the boy, the nameless boy in front of her as she gave him a small smile. It was difficult situation to get used to and she wasn't quite used to it. She had spent all her days hating shapeshifters, they hunted each other for years.

It felt weird, her hands went numb and her hands were shaking but she was warm. Jacob and the other boy looked still as they watched the scene unfolding, they had figured out that their fellow pack mate and friend had just imprinted on someone; a vampire who was their natural enemies, a pale face. Their faces turned into disgust and disappointment.

Bella shook Edith's shoulder gently as Jacob and the other boy started to walk deeper into the house as Alice had a vision.

Edith and the boy didn't move, they just stared at each other with delight.