Chapter eighteen

Chapter Eighteen: Human Blood

"We need to find a way to get some food into her system." Esme looked at Carlisle while she spoke and Edith looked to a very weak Bella.

"If I could only see the fetus." Alice worriedly said as Rosalie interrupted her to correct her on terms of baby.

"Maybe I could figure out what it wants." Alice continued and Jacob slowly smirked.

"Think you might be right. Jacob just had an idea." Edward said and everyone looked to Jacob for answers.

"It wasn't an idea. It was a snide comment; that it's probably just looking for someone to sink its teeth into." Jacob laughed ever so slightly and Edith became over protective to the little unborn baby as his words were disturbing.

"She's not a monster, she's just a little baby who's unaware what she is. She's harmless." Edith argues with the werewolf.

"Yeah, a harmless baby who is a weapon of destruction. Look at Bella, she's dying because of it."Jacob raged at the oldest vampire.

"She's just thirsty." Edith looked at Carlisle in an attempt to win this argument.

"I know the feeling. If it's craving, it's not gonna want animal blood." Edward watered his mouth with venom at the thought of blood.

"Well, Jacob. Give her some blood. Oh right, you can't; you're a dog." Edith folded her arms in content as she got a dig in. Jacob just rolled his eyes and listened to Carlisle.

"I have some O negative laid aside for Bella."

"Walk with me." Alice grabbed Jaspers hand and left the living room. Carlisle poured blood into a cup for Bella to drink and Jacob was panicking, "wait, wait, wait. You're gonna make her drink that?"

"It's the fastest way to test the theory. Only if you're comfortable with it." Carlisle said as he walked over to Bella with the cup of juice and Edith's nose slowly picked up the scent of blood and almost drowned in the smell.

"I'll try anything."

"I think I'm gonna be sick." Jacob said, wincing as he shuffled away from her as he screwed his face up even more. She held the cup and she started to drink it and Edith smiled because this would help the baby but at the same time, her nostrils were flinching at the strong smell of human blood. Isabella opened her mouth and said, "tastes good."

Keeping herself occupied with Bella, helped push Embry to the back of her mind but it wasn't really successful. Every second, she thought of their bodies intertwining.

Edward smiled at her and Bella drank more of the blood and Edith's eyes darkened; as soon as she saw the blood, her eyes dilated and she sneered and breathed it in, the smell of blood brought her ecstasy and before she knew what was happening, Edwards arms were strongly wrapped around her body, dragging her away from Bella and Carlisle, standing in front of Bella; shielding Bella away from Edith.

She didn't realise what she was doing until she was screaming to get out of Edward's grip and to Bella's neck.

She started fighting his grip and started screaming in Carlisle's direction, she was thirty and needed her blood; she was gagging for a tiny drop of her fresh blood.

"Edith!"

"Edith!"

She finally snapped out of her bloodlust and her eyes widened at the realisation of her mistake and loss of control. She whimpered and put her head down; she was utterly ashamed and embarrassed. Edith had always lost control when emotional, it's just what she does, although the family hadn't expected this.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. You know, you know I wouldn't do that." She breathed out and Edward shook his head. Bella said it was okay and Edward growled.

"I know what happened to you and Embry, you didn't mean to snap at me. You're just overwhelmed." Bella understandingly nodded her head at the thirsty vampire.

He let go of her and she quickly ran out of the room. She didn't know what happened, she lost control of her thirst for the first in years.

She ran out of the house and screamed in distress. Her family stood outside, along with Seth and Leah looked sympathetic at the scene before them, her heart must of been breaking.

She tugged at her hair as she huffed and puffed, she walked passed Jasper and Rosalie.

"Where do you think you're going?" Emmett said as he stood in her way, crossing his arms with a stern look on his face.

"I'm going hunting, I'm starved." She tried to push him out of the way but he stood still and shook his head.

"Move Emmett." He still held his ground and she sighed.

"You don't go hunting when you're emotional, god knows what will happen this time." Emmett shook his head, referring to the afternoon of the graduation party.

"Emmett, don't you think after finding out my boyfriend fucked another woman that I deserve to sink my teeth into a bunny or two?"

"Look at us, we are weak. We have to feed before we hurt Bella and before the wolfs come for us. We have to feed, we have to be strong to protect her. We have to go tonight."

"Edith, you're the enemy now. Sam won't hesitate. You will be slaughtered." Jacob said as he came out of the door with Esme and Edward.

"Emmett will come with us." Edith said and he nodded.

"That won't be enough." Jacob sighed.

"We have no choice, Jacob. If there's anything we can do to save her, we have to try." Edith cried out as she was getting impatient.

"You'd risk your lives for her?" Jacob asked.

"Of course we would. Bella's a part of our family now." Esme looked at her family.

"Yeah. I can see that. This really is a family. As strong as the one I was born into. I know what I have to do."