Chapter twenty four

Chapter Twenty Four: Old Habits Die Hard

After the uneventful era of worshipping Alec, she had met a young boy and he, then, grew into a pleasant young man. He adored her, truly and they had shared some great memories over the past years. They once had passionate and sinful thoughts of one another but it was no other than loneliness and lust that brought the pair together.

He brought out the childish and playful side of her; good and bad. She had been the one to turn him into a vampire. Back then, she enjoyed drinking human blood and he was a wicked boy who influenced Edith greatly.

They would terrorise villages together and covered it up with his power of compulsion. This kept the Volturi quiet but they still noticed Edith's change. She was missing meetings, important meetings all because of a young boy who was hopelessly in love with her.

Aro didn't approve, he knew that this young man was her friend but after Alec found his mate, he couldn't do anything else than to make Edith happy. It was no lie that Aro was scared of the old, ageless vampire as she could kill him if she really, truly wanted to.

She was a spoiled brat, all thanks to the Volturi; she was like their weaponised child and they wanted to keep her that way. She demanded clothes to keep herself happy and blood, lots of it.

She was a little Aro herself.

Her friend, was a trickster like Edith and they enjoyed jokes but he brought out the animal inside of her; they would smother themselves in blood because they were overpowered with thirst.

It was strange to see Edith acting so childish after all that she had matured in her early years of life; she had settled down with Francis and they were married, but one boy, had her acting like her teenage self again. She was enjoying the times of being alive.

And there, the boy stood with red eyes with a smirk on his face waiting to be reunited with his past lover

And there, the boy stood with red eyes with a smirk on his face waiting to be reunited with his past lover. He had chose to fight with the Cullen's because he wanted to have fun with Edith.

He could still easily influence her, if he wanted but with what Carlisle told him, she had found herself a mate and had changed from her days spent with him. She liked to control, not to be controlled but there was one thing, she didn't eat humans anymore.

She spotted the dark handsome man in the corner of the room, leaning against the wall dressed in a leather jacket. She instantly perked up seeing her old friend.

"Hello, Edith. Lovely to see you again." He said, as he slowly leaned off the wall and approached her. She was studying his every move, waiting for her friend to come out to play. She was relieved to see him here, she didn't know how long it had been since the pair had last seen one another. Maybe the reason had been that he had compelled her to leave the Volturi and hate them more than she actually did.

"Looked what the car dragged in. Hello Nicholas. My dear love." She smirked as he laughed and they hugged like what seemed forever.

"It's been many many years. Where have you been hiding?" She raised an eyebrow wanting him to explain.

"Wales, lovely country. You should visit, good food." He winked and she giggled at the fact that he had returned and in that moment-

The Cullen's knew that they had fucked up bringing Nicholas here.