12:03 AM

thirteen
Sage|Vera

For the past four hours, Sage and Vera sat on the roof and just...talked. There weren't many jokes or flirts this time, though. When Vera talked, she would still smile when Sage talked about himself or when she said something about herself in return and would still tease him before the conversion got too...personal.

Vera did want him to trust her, of course, but...it was still too soon. The days were getting even more colder and mostly all of the leaves on trees and bushes were all gone. Flowers were dying. People were dying. Vera was never a fan of December.

She didn't know what was going on with Sage and really, really wanted to know. She wanted to know what made him want to die. He didn't look like the victim of bullying. Didn't look like an outcast. Didn't seem...left out.

But he was. Somehow, he was and Vera wanted to know how. She didn't want to push him. She didn't want to force it out of his mouth. So, she decided that it would be best to wait.

Now, it was midnight.

And neither of them noticed.

They just continued to talk, ignoring the stars that disappeared
and the sun that rose up to tell the town that it was morning.

Good thing it was a saturday.