8 | equinox

I open the front door and step inside the foyer, going straight to the kitchen. I fill a bowl with fruit salad and sit on the table on the kitchen, munching on my snack. I hear a noise in the living room and i finish eating quickly, going to find my mom.

I enter the room and see mom sitting in one of the white sofas while sipping at a cup of tea and talking on the telephone. I sit opposite of her, across from the glass coffee table and wait for her to finish her conversation. She finally hangs up and I have a chance to talk to her.

"Hey mom. Can I spend the night in the city with a friend?" I look at her and wait for a answer.

"You're going with Selena?" She asks me and I wrinkle my nose in distaste.

"No. I'm going with a new friend. We'll leave later and then return tomorrow afternoon, okay?"

"Sure honey, whatever you want. Just don't forget to take your meds,"She finishes typing in her phone and then looks at me distractedly and gives a small smile.

"Of course," I reply, and get up from the sofa, going into my bedroom. I place my things on the floor and then walk into my closet. I go towards my dress section and look at the options. I finally decide on a red skin-tight Hervé Léger dress which accentuates my curves and a pair of gold Jimmy Choo stilettos.  

I place the dress and shoes on my bed and then grab a black purse with a gold chain from my bag rack. I place my wallet, apartment key and fake ID inside, along with other necessities for the night. I also make a small bag with clothes and toiletries for the night. I grab my phone and see that Ava sent me a text.

Ava Williams - 6:52 PM: At what time do I go to yours?  :)

Luna Crawford - 7:01 PM: Come now! We can get ready together.

Ava Williams - 7:03 PM: Okaaay

Ava Williams - 7:03 PM: Send me your address and i'll go ASAP.

I text Ava my address and I jump into the shower. I wash my hair with my lavender shampoo and then detangle all the knots with the conditioner and a brush. I exfoliate my body and face and then wash myself with soap. I leave the shower and quickly dry myself, then putting on my underwear and a silk robe on top. I enter my bathroom again and carefully start blow drying my hair. When I'm about to start curling my hair my phone starts ringing.

"Hey Ava," I say when I see her name on the screen.

"I'm outside!" She replies, and i can hear music in the background of the call.

"Okay, hold on! I'm going to open the gate and you can drive inside. I'll meet you in the front entrance." I hang up the phone and run down the stairs. I go to the kitchen and press the button to open the front gate on the universal controller. I watch on the small camera as Ava drives inside and then i press the button to close it.

I walk towards the front door and then I open it, stepping into the cold autumnal weather. I hug myself as I wait for Ava to park her car on the driveway. She steps out of the car and I smile at her.

"Get inside, bitch! It's freezing!" I shout at her and we both laugh. She steps inside and i close the door, happy with the warmth the internal heating immediately provides us.

"I knew you were rich but goddamn girl, this is a fucking palace!"She says and I scratch the back of my neck uncomfortably.

"It's too much,"I say embarrassedly, and then I smile, "now come on! Let's get ready."

We go into my room and I return to the bathroom straight away, so that I can finish doing my hair. I style it into loose curls with Ava's help and afterwords I straighten her fiery hair until it's pin straight. We start doing our makeup and I choose to do a smoky look with a cat eye. Ava does her makeup with a gorgeous shade of copper which makes her eyes pop. Once we're done we go back into the bedroom and start changing into our clothes.

I end up lending Ava a skin tight strapless green dress that looks amazing on her. She brought a dress to wear, but after I saw this one i knew it was perfect for her.

I put on my heels and grab my bag, standing up straight and looking into the mirror to see if everything was on alright.

"Luna you look gorgeous," Ava says sincerely and I slightly blush at her compliment.

"So do you,"I tell her, and she really looks amazing, "Shall we?"

We go downstairs and I don't even bother telling my mother that we're leaving, she's already out. We go inside the garage and get inside my car. I turn the engine on and listen to the car purr to life while turning on the headlights. I drive out of my house and then enter the highway to New York. I turn on the radio and an electronic song comes on and Ava and I start to sing along.

I roll down the window feeling the air caress my face and ruffle my hair and I give a little shout, cheering excitedly. Ava also rolls down her window and does the same and we laugh at our action, two friends joking around.  We continue laughing, talking and singing until the Brooklyn bridge looms ahead of us.

"Where are we going anyways?" Ava asks me curiously.

"To this really cool club,"I tell her and then the traffic starts moving again. I drive through the streets of Manhattan, the bright lights never failing to make me feel exited. I turn the corner and already see the long line leading to the club.

I drive past the people on the street and stop my car in front of the club's entrance. I open my door and Ava opens hers, and both of us step out of the car. Equinox is written over the door in purple led lights.

"I don't think we can park here Luna," Ava says uncertainly.

"Trust me," I smile at her and walk to the sidewalk. I hand my car keys to a valet and then walk to the door. I can feel people staring at me, staring at my car and I try to ignore it.  As we near the black door of the building, the host standing near the entrance opens a smile as he sees me.

"Luna! Long time, no see." He greets me and I smile back.

"It has been too long Michel," I say.

"Girl, Manhattan's night life hasn't been the same without you," he shakes his head negatively and then asks, "Where have you been anyway?"

"I was... Dealing with some issues," I try to hide the truth from him.

"I'm glad you're back. Now, come on in girls!" He opens the door for us and we walk inside, the loud music drowning all other senses from outside.

I grab Ava's hand, "Come on, let's grab a drink!"