12 | two moons

My phone's alarm clock rings and I press the snooze button craving another 10 minutes of sleep. The noisy ringtone sounds again after what seem five seconds of relaxation and I get up from bed. I hate Mondays.

I head downstairs to have my breakfast, where a green juice is waiting for me on the counter. I grab a yogurt and berries parfait and quickly scarf it down while putting my coffee on a to-go paper cup and plastic lid. I run upstairs and ponder about what to wear which is something i absolutely hate doing in the mornings. Sometimes I wish I had a uniform, it would be so easier to get ready.

I open one of the bags full of clothes from our shopping trip in New York and look at the various items of clothing in front of me. I finally select a loose cream cashmere sweater which i'll wear as a shirt and black silk shorts. I grab a pair of black Miu Miu slip-ons and  quickly put them on.

I enter my bathroom and look at myself in the mirror. The plunging v-neck cashmere sweater show a peak of my black lace bralette, making the look sexier. I brush my hair and it falls down my shoulder in its natural waves, still slightly blonde from the summer. I do my makeup minimally with only mascara on my lashes and then leave my bedroom while grabbing my cup of coffee and my bag.

While driving through the streets of Winchester, I feel the breeze entering through the window caress my hair. As I'm cruising down the city centre I realize i'm twenty five minutes early to school and I decide to do something around here. I park the car in front of a cute local book store and enter through the wooden doors. The store has a cafe inside and the smell of coffee and freshly baked goods invade my senses as I step inside.

I scan the shelves while looking for a new book to read. I pass by various familiar titles, remembering the individual stories each page holds. I enter the classics section and try to find a novel that appeals to me. I absentmindedly grab a book from the shelf and the title The Picture of Dorian Gray stares back at me in a cursive letter. I give a small smile at the cover, immediately choosing the it. I've always wanted to read it but never got the chance to do so.

Heading towards the cashier, I buy the book and then head towards my car again. I park it on the school lot and then walk towards the old brick building covered in ivy. The main building has been here since for more than a century and the architecture of it makes it seem beautiful, especially around the other modernistic buildings of the school. I walk on the white steps, my tanned legs from sunbathing with Ava yesterday in my pool bare, contrasting against the color of the marble.

I walk down the corridor and head straight to homeroom as I've already got everything that I need for my first period class, chemistry. I sit down on one of the desks with my legs dangling from the side and grab my new book. As I start reading it, the final bell rings and other students started piling in through the doors. I get up from my desk as Mr Clarke walks inside the classroom in a rush. He never seems to be on time.

As I'm sitting down on the chair he looks up from the papers on his desk and glances at me, his green eyes smoldering with force, an inexplicable shade of jade. While still looking at me he frowns his eyebrows and then averts his gaze back down, running a hand through his dark hair.

"Attention, students." We hear the voice of the principle's secretary through the loudspeakers.

"Okay guys, simmer down!" Mr Clarke says to the loud classroom, trying to make the announcement be heard.

"As you all may know by now, the Homecoming dance will be taking place in two weeks' time, and this year's theme is Masquerade Ball,"She pauses for emphasis and students all around me start to gossip around, "Everyone will be required to wear masks and the event will be black-tie. Students with the incorrect dress code will not be permitted to enter the dance. The tickets will start being sold today at recess, thank you for your attention."