21 | drunk dialing

All through the car ride I can't stop thinking about what happened. How could it be wrong if it felt so right? And the way he told me to leave, so coldly, so heartlessly, like he hadn't experienced what I had just moments before he ruined it.

I'm stuck in a daze. I don't know on who's car i'm on or where I'm going, but the only thing I know for certain is that I'm mad. I'm mad and pissed off and I need to do something about it, but I don't know what.

We finally arrive at our destination and I open the door of the car. Mika and I walk towards the towering house in front us, where the afterparty's already in full steam. Ava and Charlie got a ride from someone else and they still seem to be on their way.

I've forgotten how the weekends were. Since school started I've went out partying or clubbing every occasion possible, first New York, then Nick's, and now today. Things almost seem normal again, as if I haven't missed a year at all, except that everything changed.

I try to walk on the grass of the front garden with my heels and then groan in frustration.

"Goddammit" I mumble and take the stilettos off, holding the pair in one hand while grabbing the hem of my dress in the other. I walk towards the front of the flashing house with determination.

"I need a drink," I say to Mika and she nods her head. All the beverages are lined up on the  table in the living room and there are groups of people around it.

I squeeze by and finally arrive in front of the liquor. I grab two red cups and all the ingredients to make our drinks and I start preparing them hastily.

"Voilà. This is what I call 'Luna's I need to get drunk now' drink." I hand her a cup and she raises an eyebrow at me.

"Are you okay? You seem a little-"

"I'm fine," I cut her off and then smile, "I just want to have some fun."

I take a sip of my drink and wince at the taste. It may taste bad, but it also makes you drunk with one cup. I take a long swig and force myself to swallow it down and I feel my body heating up from the liquid. This shit is stronger than Long Island iced tea.

"Hey Mika, isn't that the guy you kissed last weekend?" I ask her while looking at a familiar blonde.

"Yeah, he is." she blushes and I catch her tiny smile.

"You should go talk to him." I suggest and she looks pensive.

"I don't know, Luna..." she looks shy and I give her a smile.

"Go! He's totally into you," I wiggle my eyebrows suggestively and she laughs. She gives in and heads towards the blonde who smiles as he sees her approaching.

I make myself another drink and I place my back against the wall. Mr Clarke's face invades my thoughts and I force myself to chug the liquid in my hand. Why won't he go away? He doesn't want me.

He's so infuriating! One minute he tells me that he's lusting over me and the other he coldly tells me to leave. Nope. I need an answer.

An idea suddenly pops into my head and I grab my phone from my red satin clutch. After a few attempts I manage to type in the school website's address and the homepage appears. I click on the link which reads staff and scroll down until i find his picture.

Hot fucker.

I click on Info and a number and an email address pop into my screen. I stare at the numbers before my eyes.

"Don't be a pussy," I whisper to myself and click on it. The line starts to ring as I place my phone on my ear. When I'm about to hang up someone picks up the phone and I feel my heart beating rapidly.