10. Befour

"Girlfriend?"

Cara chuckled, lifting the glass of wine to her cheek and letting it rest there as she smirked mischievously.

Lauren nodded her head, leaning into Kendall to give her a rough kiss as some kind of a proof. The sudden affection took the taller brunette by surprise but Kendall kissed back, running a hand through Lauren's hair as she did.

Even though the kiss didn't last long, it had a major effect on Cara.
Her smirk faded as soon as it had appeared. She didn't know what it was that she was feeling but she just didn't want the sight in front of her to happen. Not now not ever.

For whatever reason, she felt herself close up with a more serious aura surrounding her after she saw how close to Kendall's thigh Lauren's hand was. It was as if someone had stepped on her territory and that, drew the red line just on the edge of her boundaries.

"Got a problem with that?" Kendall asked with her smirk widening. She had her arm wrapped around Lauren's waist which didn't go unnoticed by the blonde girl.

"I'm way too occupied to acknowledge your existence. Let alone.." Cara paused, seemingly searching for the right word to complete her sentence.

She motioned her hand to the two brunettes with a small frown forming on her lips. It was as if she was trying to show she couldn't identify what the two were at all.

"..this." Cara finished with a shrug. She brought the glass of wine to her lips, silently glaring at Lauren as she sipped her wine.

"Well that's thrilling because I can't say your company is exactly welcome here." Kendall shot straight back, further leaning into her 'girlfriend'.

"Trust me I don't fancy chatting with a vaguely talented actress who feeds on her family name." The blonde girl turned her gaze to Lauren before continuing.

"Nor a girl band member whose biggest fans are thirteen year olds." Cara grinned, handing her empty glass to one of the many waiters who were passing through for the exact purpose.

"All your best friend Taylor's lyrics include more Romeo and Juliet than Shakespeare ever wrote. So I think alcohol's really settled in your system. You have confused everyone." Kendall replied.

Those words made Lauren turn her attantion to Kendall. Ever since Camila had started being friends with Taylor, the distance between them as friends had increased incredibly. So it was no surprise to at all that she didn't like the girl much.

"How touching to see you stand up for your girlfriend, but I don't have a second to waste on you." Cara rolled her eyes and proceeded to the bar, ordering herself a light drink.

Kendall rolled her eyes at the gesture just like Cara had done a few moments ago.

"Thanks for helping me out. You literally saved my life today." Kendall whispered in Lauren's ear. She placed her hand on Lauren's neck, embracing her in a seemingly seductive manner.

"You're welcome." Lauren smiled, giving Kendall's neck a kiss. The taller brunette nodded, trying her best to seem as seductive as she could. Observing how pissed Cara was as she argued with the bartender, Kendall realised she was succeeding at pissing her off even more. That made her grin widen.

"You're literally the best. " Kendall pulled away from the hug, now nuzzling into Lauren's neck. "You didn't have to do any of what you did tonight but I'm very thankful you did."

They had agreed to play couple for the party. Lauren was aware that Kendall had had her share of lovers before and she also I knew the fact that Gigi had always disliked that quality about her.