13. Borderz

"Mom?"

Kendall's voice was sharp. Sharp yet uncertain and doubtful. It was as if she couldn't bring herself to believe that she had heard her mother's voice.

"Right here!" Kris replied in a sing-song voice.

The brunette turned her head around, only to see her mother sat in one of the many couches in her suit, legs crossed, her phone tossed on the table beside where a glass and a half empty bottle of wine were also set.

"Not happy to see me?" Kris asked as she stood up and opened her arms, ready to embrace her daughter.

"No! why.. I'm just.." Kendall walked over to her mother and gave her a hug. "A little surprised, I guess." She chuckled, resting her head against Kris' shoulder.

"That kind of was the plan." Kris replied, pulling away from the hug. She smiled warmly at her second youngest daughter.

"I really missed you honey." Kris uttered.

Kendall knew that tone very well. For anyone who didn't know her mother as well as she did, it would sound like a genuine expression of admiration. For her, however, it was an indication her mother was going to reveal the reason she flew all the way very soon.

"I missed you guys too." Kendall replied, waiting to see if her prediction was correct.

"Did I tell you Karl called yesterday?" Kris jumped into the topic with no introduction whatsoever.
"He wants you to walk in his show next week it's all very unexpected and.." Before Kris could go on to the details, Kendall cut her off.

"Mom! I can't." She stated basically.

"But I already told him you'd go!" Kris protested, her voice holding a dominant aura. She sounded unimpressed and displeased. Which managed to anger Kendall slightly.

"You can't go around telling people things and making them promises under my name! Not without my consent." Kendall's voice transferred her anger thoroughly while a frown made its way to her eyebrows.

"Well I'm starting to think the rumours are true! The Kenny I knew wouldn't yell at me like this over a stupid thing." Kris' annoyance was hidden within every syllable she pronounced.

"What rumours?" Kendall asked, already guessing that her mother was referring to the information Taylor had provided her with.

"That you've befriended Cara Delevingne." This response ensured Kendall she had been correct.

"Befriended?!?" The frown on Kendall's face deepened, causing her face to get a disbelieving expression. "I hate that bitch mom! I'm barely tolerating her."

"If no one else's infuence is the matter, why are you being so childish? It's just a show. You fly to New York.." Even though Kris' voice and tone was very dominant and demanding, Kendall put a note of ignorance on it at that moment.

"That's the point, mom! I can't fly all the way from Peter to NY and NY to Peter in less than three days time. I need to be here for the filming." Kendall exclaimed, trying to talk some sense to her mother.

"I'm your manager! Arranging that stuff is my job!" The older woman's voice had an accusing tone to it. As if she was trying to indicate that Kendall was the one in fault in this argument.

"As my manager you should run everything by me before signing contracts and making me travel a million times every year!" Kendall argued, her voice rising as seconds rushed by.

"You should be doing as I say miss Kendall Nicole Jenner." Kris uttered this part calmer than ever. She was standing right in front of Kendall with an unreadable expression on her face.