31. Shameless

"Mom!"

Kendall gasped, quite surprised by her mother's suddenly opening the door. She froze on the spot, unable to do anything, even react properly.

"There you are." Kris sighed heavily. "I was hoping to see you two alone." She continued. None of the girls had moved nor had acknowledged her.

Kendall raised a surprised eyebrow at her mother's choice of words. She wasn't screaming or threatening Kendall with anything yet, nor insulting Cara and that worried the brunette a bit.

This was certainly not the she Kris Jenner she knew. Not even close.

"Mom, are you serious?" The brunette asked with a chuckle. She wasn't quite believing this; However, She did give her mother her undivided attention.

"Yes." The oldest woman rolled her eyes in annoyance. "Just let's sit down for a moment, shall we?" Kendall and Cara remained still, observing the oldest woman.

"Please?" She pleaded, closing the door as she stood before the two pairs of wide eyes. It was definitely a rare sight to behold.

"Sure." Cara nodded before slowly taking a seat on the bed nearby. Kendall followed through, sitting beside her. The brunette nodded at her mother as a sign for her to begin speaking.

"Oh God, this is hard." Kris sighed heavily. She took a seat on the sofa nearby just to be able to observe the two girls. She took a deep, uncomfortable breath.

"Okay, I'm sorry." She began, uttering her apology quite fast. Both Kendall and Cara's eyes were wide open. The brunette raised an eyebrow questioningly.

"Is that.." Before she could even form a sentence, Kendall's mother stopped her by motioning her to wait.

"Let me finish." Kris rearranged herself on her seat. "I'm sorry for leaking you and Harry's footage from earlier this year." She saw her daughter staring at her. "I admit it was a mistake."

"Is that all?" Kendall challenged.

"No." Kris sighed. "I'm also sorry for snapping at you several times." She continued. "Also for doing things without your permission."

Kendall nodded her head in understanding. She still couldn't believe her mother's apology. Even though it made her very happy deep down, since she had been craving somehing like this for quite some time, It didn't seem heartfelt to her. At all.

"So I'm here to offer you a proposition." Kris smiled. "I wanna go back to being your manager." Kendall understood her mother's intention without giving the matter much mind.

"That's out of question, mom." Kendall snapped, with finalty and certainty in her voice. Her mother was gone and Kris was back. The businesswoman was back.

"But I promise.." The older woman was cut off. Kendall had heard this statement quite a few times before.

"Mom!" Kendall stood up, trying very hard to control her frustration. "I've had enough of it already. I have my new manager and I'm very pleased by her performance."

"But you need to do interviews for this movie and it can bring good publicity to us for a change if you talk about this relationship!" Kris also stood up, defending her opinion.

"I can't believe that's what you're thinking about here!" The younger Jenner laughed in disbelief as she paced around her old room. "Don't you ever care about Kendall, your daughter and not Kendall, the actor?" She sighed.

"Like it or not Kendall, you're going to have to explain everything about this one to every single talk show host after that tweet of yours!" Kris snapped. "It's all over the place."