Chapter Sixteen

Pierre might have started by hitting me and raping me, but it was clear he was determined to break my mind first. He hissed poison in my ear, telling me I was going to be tortured and broken. Killed. And then brought back as a Vampire to start the whole process over again.

My stomach had clenched with the sick feeling of horror. Becoming what I hated was a fate even worse than death. I would be even harder to kill then, which meant the torture would only go on even longer. Pierre was known to lose his patience, and his temper, but I knew he could pull off a long game if he chose. My death would be a long time in coming if he got it into his head to break me completely.

My mind flitted immediately to Katty. She was going to come and take me back, like she had with the Succubus. Jason would come to protect me like he had with the spiny Devil. I would be rescued soon. Pierre seemed to realize that little hope would be floating around in my brain and laughed it to death. He assured me she wouldn't feel the need to track me so far from home.

I fought not to cry as I shoved the hope away. Crushed it before it could take root and make me waste my energy waiting for a rescue. The faster I accepted the inevitable and turned my attention to survival, escape, the better. My breath hitched when Pierre touched my neck, brushing my hair away to look at Katty's mark behind my ear. I glanced over my shoulder at him, watching the way he regarded the mark with a little surprise and a good deal of distaste.

"So the little princess marked you after all. Such a shame it won't save you."

I bit down on the gag in my mouth. Hope was one thing, but I didn't want to lose that mark. I couldn't explain why having Katty's mark on me despite the abuse Pierre would heap on me was important. But it was. If I had to break into a million pieces and die a thousand deaths, I wanted to do it as Katty's pet.

"I'll let you keep it to remember her by though."

Relief loosened the tightness in my chest even as he started abusing me again. The reason I wanted her mark on me abruptly supplied itself. As long as I belonged to Katty, then this was all an outrage. I could be justifiably angry that Pierre was touching me when I belonged to someone else. The anger would counter the pain. The rage would fuel my desire to survive.

With that epiphany, I closed my eyes and tried to block it all out. If I could disassociate, hide behind darkness and what good memories I had managed to create while living with Katty and Jason and Logan, then my mind would last a little longer. He wouldn't break my mind if I could help it.

I couldn't block it forever though. For one thing, Pierre refused to shut up. And he seemed to know exactly what would cut the deepest so he could press on it later.

"Pathetic little human. So breakable. So weak. You'll scream for death before I'm even close to done with you. I'll break your mind down to the most base instincts, until you're nothing more than an animal. I could show you off then. Sophia wouldn't recognize you but the little princess might. I wonder what sort of look she'd give you. Would there be horror? Or just pity? Perhaps she won't recognize you either."

I winced when a stab of pain broke through the numb barrier I had put up in my mind. Why wouldn't he just shut up?

"Have you ever wondered, why?" I flinched away from the question whispered in my ear. "Why is it that Sophia puts up with you and I hate you so much?" Pierre's tongue ran around the shell of my ear. "I'll tell you why. It's all his fault. You remind both of us of him, and how he ruined everything. I could have had it all. Sophia would have been mine. All her power, lands, and fortunes. But the Le'Roys spoil their daughters and he spoiled everything else."

I struggled to follow this fractured story. The ramblings of a mad monster. Who had spoiled everything?

"That stupid boy wiggled his way into my place at the side of royalty. I should kill him, but I want nothing more than to prolong his suffering and then show his broken, mangled, defiled corpse to her and let her know it was all her fault."

I swallowed, assuming I was going to regret trying to clarify this tale. I didn't think he was talking about me. The royalty had to be Katty and the only one I knew that was involved with her was... "Jason?"

"SILENCE!" Pierre roared in my face and struck me hard. I whined as his rage turned on me fully and buried me in agony. I fought it the best I knew how, but it wasn't enough. I couldn't even curl up and hide.

Eventually, the pain and frustration, the rage, had to come out. I screamed and fought with everything I had. It was a gross waste of energy, but I just couldn't stay passive any longer. I had to do something in a bid for extended survival.

Right up until a thick hunk of silicone got rammed down my throat. I couldn't breathe. I was going to die here, and there was no one who cared. I struggled to stop heaving and just black out. Once I slipped away, everything would be fine.

I gasped and choked when the toy phallus was dislodged from my throat and I could breathe again. Tears filled my eyes and black spots blinded me for a long moment. When they finally cleared, I looked up, confused at the lack of thrusting and the sudden release of my arms and legs.

My eyes widened as the blurry figures became Jason and Katty. My heart jumped. I didn't typically dream when I blacked out. But I was certainly willing to throw myself into this one. It was better than any memory and certainly better than my nightmares. I'd hang on tight to this dream for as long as I was able.

Jason was carrying me. Holding me tightly and lending me his heat. He didn't even seem to mind that I was covered in blood, spit, and semen. And some other things I'd rather not mention. I felt motion and realized he was taking me someplace. Somewhere far away from Pierre I hoped. At this point, I didn't even care if he was bearing me into the afterlife. As long as it was away from this pain and humiliation.

He wrapped me up to cover my nakedness and held me. I clutched at him, unwilling to let go of this dream. I wasn't sure where Katty had gone. But as soon as I thought it I was handed to her. She was naked, like me, and she held me tight. Just as tightly as Jason behind me.

I swallowed hard as they began to wash me. Removing the evidence of my shame and subjugation. Cleansing my wounds and healing me. I whined when Jason kissed me. I couldn't help it. Even if this was a dream, it shook me to my core to know that they would do this for me. They should be casting me off as damaged goods. They shouldn't care this much, to cross an ocean and pull me out of the humiliation. Not for me.

The elation in my chest that they had done so anyways, even if it was all a fantasy, lifted me a little further out of the trenches I had buried my mind in.

I whimpered when Jason pulled his lips away from mine with worry. I didn't want to lose him again. I reached up to cling to him. I sobbed when he held me tight. The tears flowed and my body shook as the stress finally tipped me past my breaking point. I could feel Katty pressed up behind me, and she gently kissed her mark on my neck. I needed her too.

I reached up and back, wrapping my fingers around the back of Katty's head and tugging as I twisted. Her lips pressed to mine and met my desperate need for affection with all I could ask for. Then I was swinging back to Jason. He kissed me too, the both of them holding me tight as I switched back and forth between them in eager desire.

I wanted them to devour me. I wanted them to wrap me in caring and never let me go. I wanted them to cover my vulnerability with their own strength until I could stand on my own once more. They weren't at all put off by my moment of weakness. They simply bolstered me through it and let me calm before moving me to a bed.

I bit my lip when their kisses and mouthing became less about healing and more about pleasure. Pierre had raped me and forced me to feel pleasure. This was nothing like that. This made me feel good without the dirty feeling. This made me feel cared for.

I threw back my head and howled as they made me come. The perfect ending to this wonderful dream. I'd hang onto it tightly, for however long I lasted. Pierre could take many things from me, but he couldn't take this. This dream was mine, and I'd come back to it a thousand times if need be. I'd live in my dreams, so he wouldn't break my mind.

The high of completion faded, and I expected to fall back into darkness. I was surprised when I lifted up into light.