Chapter Twenty-Six

Our first date confused me for a bit, until I realized they had been quite serious about starting out like we were just meeting. We talked about the most basic of things and the atmosphere stayed very easy-going.

I rather liked it even if we were covering things I already knew.

Then they took me back to Lilith's house, dropping me off at the door. Jason finally broke the trend of just meeting and kissed me. Pressed his lips against mine like it was the last thing he would ever do and he fully intended to make the most of it.

When he pulled away it was with a slightly repentant look. "That might have been a little too intense for a first date."

Katty chuckled and Jason made some room for her. "I'll show him then." I flushed as she crept up to me with a coy look, making my heart beat just as fast as it had with Jason, but in anticipation instead. She reached up to brush her lips against mine and then she was away with a grin. I blinked after her, feeling like I wanted a little more than that. The look she shot me over her shoulder made me think that maybe that was the point.

Jason followed her and I was about to turn to go inside when Katty called to me, telling me Logan was having some friends over and asking if that should be our second date. I agreed and watched them go with a wistful sigh before turning into the house.

Lilith met me, coming half way down the stairs to regard me as I closed and locked the door behind myself. "Everything go well?"

I gave her a half smile as I climbed the stairs. "Yeah. That was fun." Lilith chuckled and turned back to slip into her room. I went into my own room and settled back to read for a while. I couldn't quite focus on it though. A thought had occurred and the more I thought about it, the more I liked it. I glanced up when Lilith went by my door.

"Hey Lilith?"

She halted and leaned back to look at me in question.

"Do you think you could get me in touch with Lord Danes favorite? He calls her Belle."

Lilith's brows drew together. "Wouldn't asking Katty be easier? She actually knows all those guys. Much better than I do anyways."

I shook my head. "I don't want her to know."

Lilith finally shrugged. "I'll see what I can do."

She managed to get in touch with Dane and explained what I wanted. Then she put me on. I explained to Dane that I wanted to talk to Belle over again and eventually told him that I was the human that belonged to Katty and had talked to Belle before.

That jogged his memory. And opened the door for me immediately. I blinked in surprise as Dane not only remembered me but seemed to think fondly of me. He quickly agreed to the meeting and told me Katty could feel free to bring me by whenever. Which prompted me to explain that Katty didn't know about this and that I wanted it to be a surprise. I winced as I told him, expecting him to refuse to go behind Katty's back. Instead he happily informed me that if I gave him an address he would send a car round to pick me up.

I thanked him profusely and we worked out a pick up and a time to meet that very week. I spent the car ride quivering with nervous excitement until the driver let me out. Then I was ushered in by a doorman and led into a small sitting room. I hesitated inside the door, looking over the tea party going on. It wasn't like Sophia's. Just Dane and Belle sitting companionably as they quietly talked.

Belle noticed me first and got to her feet, dark eyes brightening with happiness. "Hello. Max, right? I can't tell you how flattered I am that you wanted to speak with me." She took my hand and dragged me over to sit with them, offering me tea and cake.