Chapter Twenty-One

I came to and immediately wished I hadn't. My head throbbed. There was a nasty taste in my mouth. And my stomach was threatening a return to sender policy. I squeezed my eyes shut as the night before came back to me. I had obviously had too much wine.

I bit my lip as images of after the party came to me. Katty and Jason had been carefully undressing me and themselves. In my drunken haze, I had assumed they wanted sex. Honestly, I had kind of wanted it myself. I had stripped down to nothing and rolled onto my stomach, presenting myself.

I knew they had noticed. Hell, I had stopped them dead as they drank in the sight of me. It wasn't until they were coming towards me that I thought about it fully. I was too drunk to have thought this through. They were blood drunk and I couldn't think straight enough to stop them if I couldn't take any more.

They surprised me by climbing into bed and curling around me, settling in for sleep. I had relaxed, pressing my back against Jason and holding Katty in my arms. I still had Katty in front of me. Jason was gone.

"Hangover huh?"

I jumped when Katty spoke up. She turned a little so she could look at me. She smiled sympathetically when she saw my misery.

"I think Jason went to get you some water and pain killers. How does your stomach feel?"

"Not good."

She nodded and opened her mouth. Whatever she had been about to say was interrupted as Jason came in. He offered me a couple pills and a glass of water with his own look of sympathy. "Here. Take these and then I'll get some breakfast started."

I groaned as I swallowed the pills and washed them down with the water. I shook my head. "No. I don't want food."

Jason smiled. "I'm sure. But it'll help. I promise." Katty shot me a look that said she agreed with Jason but wasn't going to push me. I sighed and nodded. Jason grinned and left to get started in the kitchen.

He made french toast and bacon. I wasn't sure why it worked, but it did. They also kept making me drink water until I stopped complaining of my headache. It wasn't until I felt mostly normal that I realized just how much they had been pampering me over tonight and the morning before. And at the party too. It seemed they were both terribly concerned with making sure I was taken care of.

It made me feel I owed them. But the thought didn't bother me like it would have usually. They had been doing a lot for me. And other than blood and sex, I had no good way to repay them.

I was still trying to figure it out when there was a knock on the door. Katty looked busy so I went to get it. I pulled open the door and blinked at the person standing on the other side. It was a gorgeous woman that looked entirely too familiar. I slammed the door in her face and leaned back against it, heart beating rapidly.

Katty got up with concern, coming towards me with a question on her face. I quickly shook my head. "Don't open the door. Remember that lady who caught me when I ran? I think you called her a Succubus. She's back."

She gave me an apologetic look as she reached past me for the door. "It's not a good idea to piss off a demon, and this door isn't exactly demon proof." I couldn't argue with that logic so I got out of the way when she opened the door. She carefully shielded me behind the door as she dealt with the demon woman.

"Hello darling. Looks like you convinced the human to stick around. It's so good to see you again."

Katty leaned back like she was avoiding the demon and frowned as she came in. I lifted a hand to grasp at Katty but I stopped before touching her. I didn't want to distract her.