Where Did That Come From?

After talking to the boys for a bit more, we had to go back to our cells. I unzipped my jumpsuit and let the top part hang off my waist, showing off some of my tattoos and scars. My black spaghetti strap tank top gave me a better think-twice-before-messing-with-me look.

"Woah, where did that come from?" One woman said, pointing to my biggest scar; the only one that wasn't my fault.

I shrugged, "The incident."

"The what?"

We got back to our cells and by now everyone was listening to our conversation.

I began to think back, way before I even started heists...

I was young and stupid. 17 and freshly out of high school to be exact.

I was dating this guy at the time, Shawn. He was tall and a bit bigger than most the people in the school. His dark brown hair was always in a quiff and his cold, blue eyes were anything but soothing. He never wore shirts without sleeves, so he always showed of his pale skin and self tattoos. He was always rude to people and I felt bad for him so when he asked my out, I said yes.

Probably one of the worst mistakes of my life.

We we're fine at first. He was very sweet, but after high school, he convinced he to move in with him. After about a month or two, he lost his job and I had to start working over-time a lot. I worked at McDonald's at the time, and all I was making was shit.

I started noticing my money going missing, so I brought it up with Shawn, and he just kept trying to change the subject. I shrugged it off though, thinking maybe I spent it and forgot I did.

Shawn's additude started to change too. He became more hostile; pushed me around and held me too tight.

One night, my manager's wife was going into labor and no one else could come in, so they let us all go home. When I got to my house, there was another car in the driveway.

My first thought was 'Oh, Shawn has a friend over.'

I parked in front of the house and went to the unlocked door. I opened it and was greeted by moaning, grunting, different pieces of clothing laying everywhere, and a certain sent roaming the air.

I slammed the door and the house grew silent. I ran to our bedroom and saw what I was expecting to see.

Okay before I go on, I never had sex with Shawn. We slept in the same bed, but we've never saw each other past our underwear. But we've never had sex because he always refused to wear a condom.

"What the fuck are you doing?" I screamed.

"(Y/n), I sw-"

"Who the fuck is she?" I scream louder, pointing at the girl below him.

"Shawn, who is that?" She questioned.

Shawn turns back to her and sighs, "My girlfriend."

She makes a disgust face, and pushes him away. She gets up and starts putting her clothes back on. He gets up too, lazily putting on a pair of boxers.

She looks at me, "I'm so sorry."

"It's not your fault," I said then looked at Shawn, "it's my ex-boyfriend's."

"Ex?" Shawn shouts in question.

The girls rushes past me and I grab some of my bags and start shoving my clothes and money into them.

"(Y/n), please let me explain." He said.

Hot tears rolled don't my cheek and fell off my chin. I wasn't crying because of what he did, I was crying because I was too blind to see it before it happened. Plus, I wasted two years of my life with that bastard.