Rivals

October 14, 2014

We were chosen as partners today. I know you hate me and I'm pretty sure I've kept the fact that I love you a secret. All you know is I am your rival...

-Jaemin

I had arrived late again. It usually doesn't matter because the dance instructor isn't there. Today though, I was forced into the area next to my rival, Na Jaemin. He smiled at me. It was genuine, but it made me want to roll my eyes because he's so nice but he's an amazing dancer. He's always being nice to me, like our ranking doesn't matter. I'm always rude to him because to me the ranking does matter.

As soon as our teacher came in, she informed us of the competition she'd entered us in. There are three categories we are going in: groups, pairs, and solos. I got one of the solos! I was so happy that I didn't care that Jaemin had received the other solo. I did, however, care that I'd be in the pairs category as well... and that Jaemin would be my partner. That meant I'd have to spend all of my extra time for the next two months with him. I was not happy.

October 15, 2014

Today you told me how you really felt about me.... And I cried...

-Jaemin

Minhyung keeps bothering me about the Donghyuck kid in our history class, but I snapped at him today. It's not that I don't want to help Minhyung with Donghyuck, it's just right now my problem is Donghyuck's best friend. I can't help Minhyung with Donghyuck while also dealing with the always smiling Jaemin, that's too much work.... And I don't want to help with Donghyuck if Jaemin already gets on my nerves WAY too much.

I mentally groaned while walking into the dance studio seeing he was already there. He looked at me and I felt a tingle in my stomach. I rolled my eyes at him. He looked down frowning, but I couldn't bring myself to feel bad for him.

"Can we hurry up?"

"But you just got here."

"Yeah, but I'm already tired of seeing you."

"Well we need to choose a song."

"Ok, then can I leave?"

"We also have to make the choreography...."

"You do it for us then."

"But- we're supposed to be partners-"

"Well, I didn't ask to be your partner and I didn't ask for you to join this class or even move here! I didn't ask to be constantly tortured with your presence!"

"...oh...."

He began packing up his things and he wouldn't look at me.

"Wait, where are you going?"

"You choose the song okay, Jeno? Then send it to me and I'll make the choreograph and I'll send it to you so you can practice."

"But wait-"

"You can practice at home and we'll only have to practice together a week before the competition day."

"Where are you going Jaemin?"

He sniffled and his voice cracked.

"I'm going home..."

"Why?"

"ISN'T THAT WHAT YOU WANTED?"

"I-"

He turned around and looked at me. When he looked at me I felt bad for what I had said to him. He was crying. Never in the nine years I've known him have I ever seen him cry.