Chapter Seven - The Demoners

Zing!

  A green light appears before me. The two lights, red and green, clash into each other, sparks of energy flying around.

  "Being a Demoner, you can defend yourself by throwing a Mana Shield for example, Sonic Speed is not everything," comes a voice from behind Raymond.

The orc turn around at see where the new threat come from. Before I know it, a green sword pierce through Raymond

  "You can always use sonic speed to attack, and use an Energy Sword." The voice calmly says.

  The sword disappears from existence and the org drop to the ground, a visible gap through its chest. A man stands next to the corpse, a hood covering his face.

  "Who are you?" I ask him before I can think. Everything happened so quickly.

  The man looks away from the corpse to look at me and pulls back his hood.

  The man have a thin line of brows, his hair swaying to his left. It is slightly dyed green, the hair smooth and shining like silk. He had on his both eyes double eyelids, the pupil of his eyes are stunning green. He is tall and fit, his hand fitted with a glove. The hoodie fits his figure, the front pockets opening outwards, making him look mysterious. When the hoodie cover his face, it shadows onto the man's face, making him mysterious. Not to mention undoubtedly cool.

  He says," I am a Demoner, you can call me Zack."

   My jaw drop as I hear what he said. "Another Demoner?" I ask in disbelief

  "Yes," he replies," I was surprised at your skills, considering being able to Sonic Speed as a newbie. Other Demoners only started learning it at grade three."

  "Other Demoners?" I stammer in surprise.

  "Yes again, come,tell me about yourself and I'll tell you about the Demoners. I will also treat you to meal, you must be hungry," he friendly says, before gesturing me to follow him. I follow him and reach his home.

  Zack is one good cook and a man of his words. He made a grilled steak, topped with mashed potatoes for me, paying a full attention to my story.

I first started introducing myself," I am Joel Lim, I am twelve year old now." I started telling him my life story in the orphanage.

When I told him that I dragged Raymond to the ground, his eyes widen with surprise.

  "You pulled him to the ground?" He responds with amusement.

  "Yup, I made use of his own momentum against him!" I say with a laugh, mouth stuff with the delicious food.

  "That's a good tactic, you'll make a good student," he says thoughtfully.

  "Student?" I notice the word and ask immediately.

  "I have been trained a teacher but there is no suitable candidate for me to teach. But now, I think I might have found a suitable candidate."

  My eyes shoot wide open at his words and almost choke on my food.

  "A Demoner teacher? Can you teach me?" I ask the question in rapid suspension.

  "Relax, you sure ask a lot of questions, boy. Yes I am a teacher but to teach you? I have to get permission from the acadmy's headmaster, Mrs Krane." Zack replies with a sigh.

  "Oh," I look down in disappointment, a moment of hope leaving me.

"But don't worry," he says with a smile, patting my shoulder," there is still a chance."

My face light up upon hearing his words, new surge of hope injected into me. But I have a question in mind, "What does Demoners do?"

"Well, Demoners are a group of mankind who have the abilities of magic and summon demons like a weak beetle or a dragon. Every Demoners are born with a demon in them. As for me, I started with a Slizer. The Demoners can summon them and infuse the demon in them. We call it Implanting," he explains. I give him a blank look at him, clueless about what he is saying.

He sighs and raises his palm. A green pentacle starts glowing on it.

  "It looks just like the one on the book," I say under my breath.

The pentacle burst into sparks of green, and out comes a large lion. It has a white mane and a mix of grey on it. It is tall and big, easily matched with a full grown polar bear. It has a pair of beautiful blue eyes, looking at me with curiosity.

"Meet Lian, my Talion , a twenty pointer demon," Zack says as he stroke Lian's mane," Talions like Lian comes in different Colours, mine is grey as you can see."

"May I stroke him?" I ask Zack.

"Not now, I need to show you Implant," he says, frowning with reluctance.

The same pentacle appear and Lian started glowing green and seems to be sucked into Zack's palm.

"Can a Demoner have more than one demon?" I ask in wonder.

"It depends on each individual Demoner. Each Demoner have demonic point, and each needs a certain amount to capture a demon," Zack says, before taking a sip of water," for example, I have a level of twenty four demonic points. A Talion is a twenty pointer demon. So this means I can capture another demon of a four pointer or less demon. As for me, I kept my Slizer. It is a type of lizard. It is..."

"CAN I SEE?!" I scream at the top of my lungs, eager to see a Slizer.

Zack jumps back in surprise, nearly flipping over his chair. I try giving him a puppy eye, begging to see a lizard-like lizard.

"Not today, Joel. Tomorrow, I'll be bringing you to Demoner's academy," Zack replies," and with any luck, I'll be your Demoner teacher."

  On hearing this news, I squeal in delight and give him a hug," thank you Zack!"

  Zack grunts from the pressure,"now, now, go to sleep now, tomorrow is going to be your first day in Demoner academy."

  I wipe away my tears, felling very grateful for Zack. I do a military salute," yes, sir, right away, sir!"

  Zack waves me away and smile,"your room is the second room from the stairs."

  I get to my room and open up, The bed is already well made and I jump on it. Lying chest side up, I heave a sigh," today have been good, I couldn't find a better teacher than Zack."

  How am I going to make it through life as a Demoner?

  With that, I turn off the light and sleep, sinking deeper and deeper into the soft bed below me...