Chapter Two - The Last Survivor

The Demoners sprung into action. The different colours of their uniforms flashed around. The sudden movement caught the org by surprise and wildly threw his club at a wide arc.

"Watch out!" A black Demoner called out, his dragon demon flying beside him. The yellow Demoner heard the call and instinctively skipped to his right, the large club just missing him by the chest.

"Careful Zack!" The black Demoner shouted," Laura and Dave, go!" The two Violet Demoners leaped from behind the org, aiming for its unprotected back. Two sword marks made on the org's flesh. The org roared in pain and started swinging its spiked club blindly. However, this made an almost impassable shield around it.

  "The org is going wild, I can't find a weak spot!" Yelled Laura.

  "Let's we use the Telekinesis spell to blast it, Jack and Jill,"  Dave suggested, a glowing circle formed in his hands.

  "Ok, let's do this once and for all!" The black Demoners says.

The same circle form on the Demoners' palm and waited for Jack's command.

  "Now!" He shouted, and at once, a mix of yellow, violet and black mass flew towards the org. It might be an org weighing a hundred and standing 9 foot tall, but it flew from its feet, landing heavily on the soil below it.

"Let's finish him!" Laura cried, rushing towards the org with Dave. The chimera and hellhound followed after them.

They both jumped up, their swords raised above their head. Suddenly the org's eyes shot open, to see the two violet humans about to bury their swords in his heart.

From a distance, Zack saw the org's left hand lighting up in a spark shape.

"Watch out!" He screamed. But it was too late. The org shot out fire from his hand, burning the airborne figures.

"Argh!" Cried the both of them, the intense heat incinerating them. The screaming died down almost immediately, ashes falling to the ground, the demons turning transparent.

"Dave! Laura!" Jill cried, tears trickling down her blood stained face.

"My god, that is one strong org. With one shot, he got two down!" Jack gasped in disbelieve.

Two down, the words echoing in Zack's mind.

The org turns towards us, eyes fixed on Jack and Jill. The org started getting up from his sitting position.

"What do we do now? We have not enough mana! I have barely enough for one more spell!" Jill said anxiously, her large snake slithered beside her.

"I don't know!" Jack said.

Even Jack has no idea what to do? Zack thought to himself. He took a step back, fear went down his spine.

Cling.

A soft sound of glass came below him.

Two mana potions! It might have fallen off from someone's pockets.

Zack quickly picked them up and waved to them. "Hey! I found two mana potions!" Zack shouted cheerfully.

Bad move.

The org turned towards Zack now, sensing a new threat from him. Its eyes bore deep into Zack's.

Target sighted.

The org's hand started lighting up black in a circular shape, the palms facing towards Zack. Zack was scared stiff, standing rooted to the ground.

The org's palms continued glowing in thicker black. Now, the hands were raised, before thrown down like a rock of energy, blasting its way to Zack.

"No!" Shouted Jill. She used her remaining mana for a speed boost and thrown herself in the path of the black kinetic force, pushing Zack away.

The kinetic blast hit her, knocking her several metres away.

"Sis!" Cried Jack, rushing towards her. The org heard his cry and landed its eyes on Jack. The hands of the org's glowed again, this time, it is in the shape of a ball with fire on it.

Fireball spell, Zack thought.

"Jack! Duck!" Zack shouted in panic.

A thick black ball shot out from the lighted palm as Jack did a quick forward roll, the blaze nearly setting him in blaze.

Jack glared at the org, anger flared in him. He tried to light up his palm, but it flickered to out of existence.

"Here, have a mana potion!" Zack toss the blue potion to Jack. "Drink up," Zack said, before uncorking the tube and empty it in his mouth. He can feel the rush of fluid in him, a cooling sensation calming him down from his fears.

The org has its palm charged with energy now. It glowed in a fireball spell.

A telekinesis blast is difficult to see and dodging it is difficult, The words echoing in Zack's mind as Jack had told him before, a fireball is visible. Speeding can be used in that situation. It saves time and energy than a shield.

The fireball shot out from the org's palm again. Zack hastily launch himself to the left, out of harm's way. To only be a moment too late.

The ember sped through the air, burning up every last of lying carcasses in its way, towards Zack's tender legs. Inching closer and closer, the ball made a determined course to engulf its only live victim. Just then, the ball blew out of existence and seemed to have been sucked into thin air.

The org is losing mana.

"The org is low on mana. We'll make it run out before making an attack. Stay defensive!" Jack said, excitement evident in his voice.

The org, however, noticed this, was becoming frustrated, his palm lighting up again. He began shorting fireballs in rapid succession, targeting his hatred towards Zack.

Zack instantaneously picked himself up and used his speed and agility, reinforced by his mana, to dodge the fireballs, jumping side to side. Rolling and diving around, Zack was able to stay clear from paths of the combustions.

Soon, the rate of fireball incoming gets slower and slower, the blaze getting smaller and smaller. The org was still spamming the spell until... suddenly, he stopped shooting, his hands flickering in black light.

  "Now!" Jack commanded. He jumped from behind the org, his sword pierced through the thick meaty layer of muscles of the org. The org roared in pain, dropping his club and clawed for the man. Jack felt his fingers slipped of the handle and dropped to the ground, his legs giving way in defeat against the fall. The org was still roaring and screaming, the hilt of the sword still protruding out of its back. It knew it could not survive any longer and his palm made one last attempt to glow black again, forming a perfect circle and aimed at the assassinator, but shot a kinetic force to Zack's direction.

    Zack stared at the combat and saw the blade bury itself into the org. He expected to watch the org collapse in defeat but not the unpredicted blind force that hammered him in the right arm, sending him in a violent spin. His body felt weak and allowed gravity to pull him close to the Earth's face.

He blacked out.