Chapter Eleven - The Demoner's Uniforms

"Stop!" Shouts the man, holding his hand up in a stop gesture to me.

  I cry out in surprise, my legs shuffling to slowing my speed desperately. I wave my hands in an attempt to regain my balance. I trip over my leg, landing on the dirt ground. I sit up tiredly, feeling the ache and pain in my legs from the all out sprint.

"Hey! Watch where you're going!" I shout at the man. The man grunts and looks at his watch. "Two minutes fifty seven seconds. Not bad." He says, before turning towards the village.

I glare at Zack, who is walking away like nothing happened. I get up slowly, my hands busy rubbing my sore points. My chest rising up and down, panting for air.

I gallop to Kim's stall. A violet set of clothing hang on the bamboo pole. It has the look of Zack's uniform except the extra pouch. It has a shape of a deck holder, for cards.

Kim is in her stall, just finishing a set of blue uniform. She went to put in a wooden hanger before leaving it dangling on the bamboo pole. She notice my staring and waves her hands towards me.

"Hey Joel! Over here!" She calls out to me.

I feel a push on my shoulder from behind me. "Come on, she's calling now," says a voice. I jump in shock by the sudden contact and voice. "A little jumpy, today huh?" Zack jokes from behind. He takes the lead to the tailor, who is excited to show the uniform she made. I walk behind him, a hand over my heart to feel my increasing heart beat from the double shock.

  "Hi Kim," Zack greets with a smile. "How are you?"

  "I just finished a new blue uniform for this new girl," Kim begins, speaking rapidly. "She was so sweet, her name is Chloe, have you met her?" Now she is directing this question to me, giving me a wide grin.

  "Oh yes, he had," Zack says cheekily before I could stop him,"Even made contacts." He winks at me.

  Must he say it like that? I think to myself, my face warming up in embarrassment.

  Wow... my demon began nudging his head at me.

  "Oh," Kim says, "That's nice." Her face is still putting on the smile (or smirk). I can't tell if she understood the pun Zack just made.

  I roll my eyes, thinking of something to change the subject. "Is my uniform ready?" I ask, trying to end the awkward conversation.

  "Of course!" Kim says, taking down the violet uniform.

  "Can't wait to be in your smart suit, aren't you?" Zack teases and the two adults start to laugh out loud.

  I tilt my head towards Zack, my eyes glaring sideways in an "Are you kidding?" look.

  "I'm joking! I'm joking!" Zack says with a laugh, waving his hand in a dismissive gesture. He wipes off his tears, trying to control his laughter. I give him a glare for a moment, before turning to Kim, her facial image composed.

  "May I try it on?" I ask Kim.

  Zack's shoulders begins to shake, his cheeks bloating up. "And I'll call Chloe then!" He laughs out, before bending over in laughter.