Chrystal With an H ~ Chapter 2

"Whoa..." I muttered, dodging the people darting past me as they tried to get to their destination on time. JFK International Airport was huge. I felt like a speck of dust compared to the ginormous building.

"Need help?" A boy with copper hair smiled down at me. He was significantly taller- although a lot of people are significantly taller than me. I'm just 5'3. He was kind of awkward and he was hopefully still growing because his feet and hands were huge compared to the rest of his body. He looked around my age. Hopefully he wasn't a rapist. Or a murderer.

"Uh, yeah, thank you" I nodded. He lifted my bag up, placing it on the cart in front of him.

"I assume you're going to Seattle?" He asked, chuckling at something clearly amusing.

I tilt my head and narrow my eyes at him wearily. "How'd you know?" 

"Well, it's kind of obvious, since the big tags on your bag say ' HAVE A GOOD TIME IN SEATTLE' in big letters. They're kind of like...cool postcards." He chuckled. I raised an eyebrow, looking down at the big red bag, seeing maybe thirty tags all along the handle supports of my bag. Damn those fucking elves.

"Oh...look at that" I smiled weakly, tilting my head to the side and trying to play it off.

"I'll show you to the gate" He nodded, chuckling as he ran a hand through the wiry copper mess of hair on top of his head. "I'm Sam by the way" He nodded as I walked beside him.

"Uh, Chrystal. With a H...between the C and the R" I shrugged, crossing my arms.

"Well, Chrystal with an R between the H and the C. Or whatever you just said, what's your business in Seattle?" He rambled as they approched baggage check. My bag had already been paid for or something, because the bag checker just took my bag and set it on the belt. I studied Sam as he handed over his bags to be checked. He had icy blue eyes, and a few tattoos that contrasted with his pale skin. The silence in my head was interrupted by him talking. So, are you visiting, or moving?" He asked, not sure which choice it was considering the size of my bag.

"Moving." I sighed, shrugging.

"To rainy ol' Seattle, huh?" He smiled as we walked towards security with our carry ons.

"Well, about half an hour away from Seattle. Uh, Lynndale, I think" I shrugged as we waited in line. He smiled even more, chewing on his bottom lip. I took note of that. He might have been nervous or unaware of it, either of which is why I do it.

"Well, maybe you're lucky and you're enrolled in Lynn Terrace High. Great school" He chuckled before we split up. He had to get pat down, while I, on the other hand, was free to go. I grabbed my bag from the tray as I hopped on one foot to put my shoe on. 

"I feel insanely violated" He muttered angrily, pulling on his shoe as he signaled for me to walk with him to the gates. I chuckled, shaking my head as I followed behind him, handing my ticket to the woman outside of the gates. Sam had persuaded her to let us sit next to each other on the plane in less than three minutes. I was quite surprised, since she seemed like a real hard ass. I sat down in my seat, anxious for the plane to finally lift up into the air.

"Now, about five minutes into the flight, the plane's going to do a little loop de loop, to make sure everyone's buckled" Sam nodded seriously as he gestured the loop de loop part with his right index finger. My eyes widened and I nodded, looking straight forward. This was going to be a long flight.

*EDITED ON 1/29/15*