Wise ~ Chapter 17

"Do you hear that?" Wendy muttered as she pushed herself off the ground, standing up.

"What? Hear what?" I grumbled tiredly as I propped myself up off of the dusty concrete floor. The was a faint thumping against the wall Wendy was just leaning against. 

"That" She marveled , touching the wall lightly. "It's ice cold" She chewed on her lip as she whispered, turning towards me. It was surely Niall.

"Hello?" I shouted, inspecting the unbreakable grey wall in front of me. I could hear my name being called faintly from the other side. 

"Chrystal?" Niall's voice chimed loud enough for us to all hear. I panicked, looking around for something to possibly get us out of this damn room. I noticed a slight indent in the bottom right corner of the wall, and crouched down to look at it for further inspection. I ran my finger over the penny sized indent, pressing down on it gently. The wall slowly started to move downwards, and everybody fully woke up, staring at the moving wall. We were inside the altar that whole time. Tom was lying on the floor, in obvious pain. He was holding his arm and wincing. He was the tumping noise. The noise was his body slamming against the alter. 

"Tom?" I muttered slowly as I knelt down next to him.

"Chrystal-" 

"Did you do this?" I snapped, looking up at the white haired, Indigo eyed guy who I thought I knew once. Tom was shivering uncontrollably, and he looked absolutely terrified. 

"Chrystal, he's trying to trick y-" 

"Did you do this?" I repeated, only this time, as slow as I could make it. 

"Yes, but-" 

"You're actually going to kill me..." I chuckled, standing up. "Aren't you? Just kill me now, let everyone else go-" 

"No. No, I'd never" He insisted, shaking his head. I had a feeling he was more trying to convince himself more than me. 

"Get away from me" I snapped as he stepped closer. 

"Listen, please just listen to me!" He raised his voice. The words echoed off the walls, and I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"I'm listening" I nodded, crossing my arms impatiently. He nodded, pacing back and forth. I let out a heavy sigh, signaling that I was becoming more impatient by the second. I could practically see the wheels turning in his head as he thought. 

"I love you. So much" He said, stopping where he was standing just a minute ago. "It hurts to even think about how I could be so infatuated with one sigle person." He rubbed the back of his neck as these words spilled out of his mouth nearly effortlessly. My eyes widened, and I looked around. Everyone looked equally as shocked as I was. "I'm supposed to be this evil, heartless person. I mean, come on, I'm Jack Frost's son... But all I can think about are those beautiful brown eyes, and how they make me melt. And how I hope they'll make me melt years and years from now" He chuckled like he was practically saying he was completely pathetic. 

"Niall, I-"

"Chrystal Ray Kringle. I am absolutely, positively in love with you. In every way, shape, and form" He interrupted. I could see the indent where he was biting the inside of his cheek. 

"You're something else, you know that, Frost?" I chuckled, crossing my arms. Just then, a gasp from the man lying on the floor in front of me caught my attention. "Tom?" I muttered, kneeling back down at his side. 

"Oh lovely, everyone's together again" Jack smirked as he walked through the huge double doors. Tom stumbled to his feet, backing up with us all except Niall behind him. "Oh, Tom. What a surprise, didn't know you'd be here" Jack grinned, raising an eyebrow. I then thought about Wendy's question. Why was he here? Why were they all here?

"Why is everyone here if you just want me?" I spoke up, resting my hands on my hips. Jack turned his attention on me, smiling. 

"You're very wise, Chrystal, do you know that?" He asked, taking a step towards me. Niall looked completely on edge, ready to harm whoever came near me. I didn't speak and only stared blankly at him. "Well you are..." Jack muttered awkwardly. "That's why your life shouldn't be a problem in the next five minutes. I've got a proposal...."