Over That Cold ~ Chapter 20

"Sometimes Sam's just a big jerk" Wendy stated as she shoveled some frozen yogurt into her mouth. I had just told her about my little debacle with her twin brother and the conversation between Tom and I. 

"Tell me about it" I grumbled, detaching a huge piece of my chicken quesadilla and shoving it into my mouth. Wendy chuckled and set her sppon down in the paper cup halfway filled with chocolate frozen yogurt.

"So are you and Tom...like...a thing?" She whispered as if she was telling a secret. I nearly choked on a piece of chicken, drinking insane amounts of my hot tea to make it go down properly.

"A what?" I choked out, letting out a burp that kind of sounded like a demon rising out of me. 

"You know...A thing. Like...Together" She shrugged, shoving another heaping spoonful of cold chocolate into her mouth. I raised an eyebrow, looking around the shop. We were in a frozen yogurt place called Blu Berri. They served a lot of meal foods aside from the froyo itself, and I thought it was just the coolest thing. 

"Wen, he's like...twenty" I whispered, leaning across the table. 

"And you're eighteen. It's only a two year age difference, and it's legal." She grinned, raising an eyebrow at me, stirring the contents of her cup with her spoon. 

"Okay, he doesn't even like me."

"Are you kidding? He totally likes you, I can tell." She grinned. I rolled my eyes, slumping down in my seat. The bell connected to the door rang to signal somebody coming in, and there was a cold wave of air blowing my way. I didn't really mind it though. It was kind of freezing outside. 

"I don't think he would want to lose his powers beause of me. I'm surely not worth that to him." I insisted. 

"Are you sure?" She asked after sitting up. I shrugged, resting my cheek on my hand. "Well why don't you ask him?" She nearly giggled, nodding towards the counter. I turned my head and smiled as I saw Tom focusing on the menu at the front counter. He turned his head my direction and smiled once he saw me. I nodded, waving at him before the bell rang again. "Um, we should get home. Don't you have to call your dad or something?" She grumbled, quickly rising to her feet. 

"Uh, yeah but-" I chuckled, stading up and looking back at the register. I then knew why she wanted to leave as quickly as we could. Even from the back, he was beautiful. "Yeah, let's go" I agreed quietly, closing the styrofoam takeout box that housed my half-eaten chicken quesadilla with extra hot sauce on the side. She nodded and peeled her leather jacket from the back of her chair. I turned around and my eyes met with somebody else's. 

"Afternoon, Red" Tom smiled, making me rip my attention away from the person he was with. 

"Hi Tom" I waved, giving him a weak smile. 

"It was nice to see you on Monday. Over that cold now, I see?" He beamed almost obnoxiously. The person beside him gripped their phone tighter and tighter, and there was a faint crackling from the phone. I couldn't even call him Niall anymore, because he looked nothing like him. He probably wasn't himself mentally either. His eyes were different colors. Instead of nearly perfect shades of ice blue and light brown, they were burkey grey and nearly red. His undereyes concaved like he hadn't gotten sleep in months, and his posture was terrible. His hair was darker, and he wasn't wearing blue. He always wears blue.

"Yeah" I croaked out before clearing my throat.

"Nice seeing you" Wendy pitched in before pushing me out the door and to the parking lot without saying a word more. 

 A/N!: HI, SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG. Just wondering...would Niall's perspective over the last few months be interesting as the next chapter? I love your guys' feedback! Keep reading and commenting!