You Are in Danger~ Chapter 8

"Here's room 10" Wendy smiled, stopping in front of one of the many classroom doorways on the second floor. "See ya later, good luck" She smiled, hugging me tightly. 

"Wendy..." I barely wheezed out, coughing. 

"Yeah?" She asked cheerfully. 

"Let go" I muttered. She chuckled, backing away and letting go of me. I caught my breath, looking at the doorway. "Bye" I sighed before walking into the classroom. Trigonometry. Fun. I set my bag down next to a chair in the back right corner of the classroom. I put my hand on the desk, and it was ice cold. 

"That's my seat" A raspy Irish accent whispered into my ear. The air blowing onto my neck was so cold, it made the hairs on my arms and the back of my neck stand up. I turned around, my eyes widening. There was the bagger again. Was he everywhere I went? 

"Oh, I'm sorry, I-I didn't know" I stuttered, picking my bag up. He eyed me as I walked past him, finally sitting down at his rightful spot. I've never been more freaked out by three words in my life. His voice replayed in my head as I sat down near the front this time, as far away from him as possible.

"Hey..." A baritone melody I'd heard earlier whispered as the seat next to me was filled. "Did he talk to you?" Charlie asked, pushing his glasses up as he looked back at the grocery bagger. I should really make an effort to learn his name if he's going to be everywhere I go. 

"Uh, the one with the blonde hair, yeah. Why?" I asked, raising an eyebrow. 

"I don't know, he's just...really suspicious. I don't like him, stay away" He muttered as he jotted something down in his notebook. He even carried around the same notebook here. He always wrote down things he observed, it was quite interesting, actually. How he notices the smallest thing about someone, but doesn't tell anyone else. 

"How so?" I asked, although I was quite suspicious about him too. 

"His eyes, I don't like them, they're bad luck." He whispered. 

"Charlie, millions of people have different colored eyes, it's called Heterochromia Iridum, didn't you pay attention when you were younger?" I muttered, partially mocking him. 

"No, his're different. Tell me off the top of your head, which color is which eye?" He said as he looked back once more. 

"Right brown, left, blue" I sighed. "This is ridiculous, Char-" 

"Are you sure?" He asked, raising his eyebrow, looking straight at me. 

"I'm positive...Charlie, what's the big deal?" I chuckled. 

"Look back at him. You're right. But watch him when his mood changes" Charlie whispered simply before standing up and walking over to the bagger's desk. 

"Charlie!" I hissed, putting my face in my hands. 

"You're stupid, and I don't like the way you wear your hair" Charlie said simply to the poor boy sitting down in the right back corner of the room

"Excuse me?" He chuckled, raising an eyebrow. 

"Yeah, and I've seen you at the grocery store working, you've got to be really desperate for work" Charlie sneered. 

"Shut the fuck up" He said as he stood up, furrowing his eyebrows. 

"Okay, nope" I muttered, standing up and climbing over other peoples' desks to the back of the room. "Charlie, come on" I muttered, looking up at the insulted, angry guy. Both of his eyes were a dark blue. They were nearly purple. My eyes widened, and I pulled Charlie back to our seats. "What the hell?" I snapped quietly, slapping the back of his head. 

"Did you see them? His eyes? That's not normal, and you know it" Charlie whispered as he rubbed the back of his head. "It's a form of magic, I've read about it, it-" 

"Mornin' class, sorry I'm late" Ms. Bagins called out as she walked through the classroom door quickly. Charlie crossed his arms, quite angry that the teacher had just now showed up. He was onto something. It showed on his face. "Now get out your calculators-"

I nearly fell asleep all class period, the end of class bell actually fully waking me up. I stood up, rubbing my eyes and  walking out of the classroom behind Charlie. 

"Hey, uh, wait up!" The same Irish accent that had spoken to me earlier called behind me. I raised an eyebrow, turning around. "You forgot your bag" He muttered, holding my leather bag by the strap and holding it out to me. 

"Thanks..." I muttered, taking my bag from him. "Sorry about my friend, he's kind of douchebaggy when he's tired" I yawned. His eyes were back to their normal different colors again. He opened his mouth to say something, but shook his head. 

"Yeah, I'm sorry too" He grumbled under his breath as he walked away. I was halfway to my next class before a hand slapped on my shoulder, and jerked me around. 

"Are you Chrystal Kringle?" A jittery girl, probably about fourteen years old asked, wide eyed. 

"Um, it depends." I chuckled, raising and eyebrow. "Who're y-" 

"You are in danger! Get out of this country, get out of this world!" She screeched. I started to back up slowly, terrified. I slipped on a thin sheet of ice, falling to the ground, but continuing to back up frantically. "You're in danger, you need to go far away!" She repeated. A woman ran up behind her, grabbing her arms and lifting her up. 

"I am so sorry. I don't know how she got out of the classroom" She sighed as the girl kept shouting. 

"Danger! Go away! You are not safe!" She screeched. 

"Just go to class, dear" The woman yelled over the girl. I slowly got up, brushing myself off and picking up my bag slowly, walking to the glass workshop as quickly as I could. Her voice was still ringing in my head. Danger. Danger. Danger.