Chapter Four

Recap:I hurried over to where the school was, Chloe in my arms, with Marinette being my guide.

Adrien POV

We finally got to the school, when I noticed medics were there. They took Chloe from my arms, and only then did I notice her head was bleeding. Sure, I didn't like her that much, but I didn't want that to happen to her.I decided to talk to Marinette, since she led us here to safety.

I finally found her sitting on a bench inside the school, sipping a hot chocolate. "Hey Marinette! Thanks for getting Chloe and I to safety!" I thanked her. She jumped a little, then looked behind her. "Oh! It w-w-was no p-p-problem Adrien!" she said with a sweatdrop.

Marinette POV

"Oh!" I yelled suddenly, "I got you this as a birthday present! I h-h-hope you like it!" 'Darn it! So close to a full sentence without stuttering' Adrien took the present from my hands, and opened it. "Wow! Marinette thank you so much! I never really got a gift from the heart before."

"R-r-r-eally? Then I guess I'm the first one." I said.

Third Person POV

Marinette and Adrien were slowly leaning in towards each other, when Marinette's phone went off. "RING! RING! RING!" Marinette's phone showed a photo of Alya on the screen along with two missed text notifications. They jumped away from each other, and Marinette excused herself to answer her phone. Once she finally got to the bathroom, Marinette finally answered.

"Hi Mari! How's Project: Adrien going?" 

"Well, um. I gave him his present! And I almost got out a whole sentence without stuttering! Almost!" the blue-haired girl whined into the phone. 

"Aww, almost Marinette! Almost!"

"When will I ever stop stuttering in front of him..? Whenever I see him, it feels like someone casted a spell on me and I can't speak."

"Maybe with some practice! Hmm,"

The two girls continued to talk with each other, until the tornado was over. Seeing other students in groups, Marinette ran over to join one.

Edited on 6.29.18 @11:56 AM