Chapter Ten

Marinette POV

I ran as fast as my legs could carry me. I didn't care if they were aching, or if my eyes were covered in tears, I just needed to go to my parent's bakery. Before I went to the high school, I had lived with my parents, since they had a bakery, and they lived in it. The building was one of those work/home ones. I had lived at the top, while my parents lived on the bottom floor and the bakery was in the middle (1st floor). After a bit of running, I made it. 'Dupain~Cheng Bakery! Sweets made with love!~'

I opened the bakery door, as the bell jingled, signaling I had come into the store. My mom was looking at the cash register, as she said,"I'll be right with you." as my dad looked at me. "Marinette! What brings you her-" he frowned, as he realized I was crying," Marinette!" My father exclaimed, as Mama and Pap went to hug me. After a while of hugging, my dad turned the sign of 'Come in, We're open!' to 'Sorry, come back again, we're closed!'. "Marinette, what happened?" My parents both asked.

"I-i-i!" I burst into tears again, remembering what happened,"Is it alright, if I stay with you guys again, until I'm ready to go back?" "Of course!" My parents both replied. As my mom started to call the school, I made my way up the stairs. I slowly opened the door to my old room. Smiling softly, remembering how I was way too obsessed with pink when I was younger. "Heh!" I smiled, as I picked up a red plush of a figure that was too cute to be true. 'It reminds me of a Ladybug', I thought in my head.

(A/N- GUESS WHAT THE PLUSH IS! WINNER GETS A CHAPTER DEDICATED TO THEM!!!)

 I opened my closet, and smiled at all the outfits I had made when I was younger. I looked at my desk, and saw the sketchbook my parents had got me when I was 11. I opened the pages, only to be ambushed by dust. I coughed, "Was I really gone that long?" I continued looking at my desk, then moved to look at my old mirror. I looked in, and saw how terrible I looked. Tears were stained onto my face, and since Alya put makeup on me, it was stained with the tear marks.

I went to the bathroom, and washed my face, scrubbing hard. When I came back, I turned on my computer. I grimaced, as I remembered I had a collage of Adrien as my screen saver. I quickly changed it to a picture of Alya and I, at our class trip to Paris, when I had first met Adrien. After that, I deleted any pictures that had to do with Adrien on my desktop. I sighed, as I read some entries of my diary that had to do with Adrien. 'Wow,'  thought 'I was really obsessed with Adrien when I was younger.' I put my diary down, and walked around my room. 

I held back tears, as I looked at all the pictures I had of Adrien's modeling. I bit my lip, and started to take them down. As I did, I heard my dad yell," Marinette! Another tornado is happening! It's smaller than the last one, but still! You need to take shelter!" he yelled from the bakery floor. I sighed, as I turned off the lights and ran my parents' room.

My parents had everything ready, in case anything bad happened. So, I was safe to sleep in their bed without worry....

Edited on 7.2.18 @ 8:05 PM