Chapter Fifteen

Mari's POV

I take a deep breath, yawning as I get up. I rub my eyes, then squint to notice the ladybug plush on my dresser as if it were staring at me. Shrugging, I get up from my bed and check my phone first. 'Hmm, actually awake on time. What a surprise' Putting on some pink cherry blossom slippers, I make my way downstairs. "Go-" About to yell good morning, I abruptly stop and cover my mouth. My parents are sleeping on top of the chairs in the cafe, after a busy night. Slightly smiling, I grab a blanket and cover them, then tiptoe back upstairs.

I grab my party costume and quickly put it on. Putting my hair up in a messy bun, I start doing my character's makeup. (OKAY, I HAVE NEVER USED MAKEUP IN MY LIFE, AND THE ONLY VIDEOS I WATCH ARE SPOOPY HORROR TRANSFORMATIONS. SORRY IF I'M WRONG, AND DON'T HESITATE TO CORRECT ME) I put some mascara on, (IS IT BAD THAT I GOOGLED 'make eyelashes longer tool') as well as applying some pink lip gloss. After the small makeup session, I put the mask on, adjusting it as needed.

Putting my hair into the same old pigtails, I smile at the mirror. 'Hmm. Okay, party supplies... Check! Party favors... Check! Mmmm. Alright!' Whilst putting on my trenchcoat, my mother enters my room asking, "Don't you have to leave for work soon, honey?" "Yep," I respond, popping the 'p'. Once my coat is on, I grab my bag with everything I need for the party. My mother and father greet me downstairs, as I open the door hearing a shrill chime of the bell. "Au revoir!" I yell, making my way to the birthday girl's house.

On the street, I get curious looks at my appearance. I don't judge them, I'm a girl wearing a gigantic brown coat that has her hair in pigtails, as well as a red ladybug mask covering her face.  Walking to the girl's house, I notice students at 'Miraculous Elementary'. There's a short blonde dressed up in black and yellow clothes, in cute pigtails playing what seems like 'Duck. Duck. Goose' with four other kids. One in a royal blue dress, and brown hair, accompanied with brown boots. Another has an orange shirt with white pants, and very noticeably long, straight, red hair. The brown-haired boy who's standing up seems a bit taller than the rest of them, and has a purple jumper on, as the kid next to him has a black t-shirt on accompanied by the same-colour shorts.

I couldn't help but feel a little jealous. They have everything they want in the world and probably won't have to deal with heartbreak for a while. Gripping my hands into fists, in my own self-rage, I stomp the rest of the way to the client's house. 'Calm down Marinette. You're going to blow a fuse and ruin this girl's birthday if you let your emotions get the best of you' Calmer than before, I hurry over to Eliza's home, and grab my ladybug yo-yo ready to act if she was at the door. After about 10 minutes, I get to Eliza's door and knock softly. I hear a small voice yelling, as the door opens.

After about a minute, the door opens and a dirty-blonde with blue irises answers the door. He looks at me up and down, then yells, "Mom! It's the party planner!" he opens the door for me. I smile, at the brunette and make my way inside. A middle-aged woman enters the room. She has gorgeous blonde but losing their color, curls and brown eyes. "Thank you for planning Emma's birthday party!" she smiles at me, and I grimace at the name since it reminds me so much of when I had liked Adrien. (Being how her dream daughter with him, was named Emma)

"E-emma? Excusez-moi, but I thought that it was Eliza..." I trail off. The woman looks at me, then says, "Eliza is her nickname," she smiles at me, "My husband and I gave her that one because we were watching a musical called 'Hamilton' before she was born." "That's such a cute reason!" I exclaim. "Thank you! Emma prefers people to call her Eliza though," she looks up at me nervously, "Not a problem though, right?" I smile, "It's fine! I was just confused."

"Alexis Carp," she holds her hand out. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng, or Ladybug: Defender of Evil for today," she chuckles as I shake her hand. "Was Lucki a bother?" My mind goes back to the boy who had answered the door. "Nah, just was checking to see who I was," I respond seeing the 14-year-old boy walking in. "Mom," he groans. "Just checking, son," she messes his hair up. "Mom!" he yells, going back upstairs to fix his hair. "Anyways, where's Eliza?" "WIth her babysitter, Aurora, at the playground."