~Prologue~

-(Y/n)'s P.O.V-

Sometimes, I look up to the sky and think: "Man, what if I had never gotten on that stupid plane?"

I feel hopeless about my situation all the time. It's not everyday you wake up from a plane crash and realize you can't move the lower half of your body anymore. Beaten and bruised was nothing to the despair I felt inside that day.

I remember looking out at the sea of plane parts and bodies laying all over the ground. I wanted to stand and help each and every single one of them, but when I can't move my legs, what good am I to anyone?

When I was barely five, I would sit in front of my TV every morning to watch the dancers on stage. The girls all looked so pretty with their perfect buns and pretty pink shoes. Though, I never wanted to be a ballerina. I wanted to dance hip-hop or ball room dancing; something you don't see much of on regular stages. On my fourteenth birthday, I started preforming on the streets. People seemed to like my dancing a lot. I even made some cash believe it or not.

I can always see the image clearly. Every morning a would race out of bed and strip on my hoodie, baggy pants, converse and beanie. Nothing made me feel happier than wearing my oversized clothes and shifting my feet in ways I never thought I could.

Now... I have nothing to look forward to expect the nights my parents take me to see the dancers at my favorite place in history. The theater. When people aren't using it for plays and improve, the stage turns into a dancing theater. And what makes it even better, monsters have finally made it back to the surface. So almost every Friday, humans and monsters pool together on stage and just dance. They have no reason. They just dance.

No one knows it, but I like to hide up on the balcony and just watch. That way, I get to watch what I love most and not have people take pity on me. I usually get a lot of comments saying 'We're terribly sorry.' or 'We wish you luck.' I can just hide up top where no one will see me.

I do know for a fact that there is a secret spot where true, serious dancers of all species gather together in a hidden building. I used to go there back when I could actually dance. It pains me I can't go there anymore. I really liked having dancing wars with random people and winning every time. I liked talking, drinking sodas, and laughing until it was time to sneak back home because I stayed out too late.

All I do now it stare out of my window and watch the stars twinkle in the night sky. It's the only peace I have left; looking at the stars and letting all my worries wash away. I've even counted a good portion of the stars in the sky before falling asleep on my windows seal.

I wanted to move in my own place where I could just lay in my backyard staring up at the stars. I wanted to feel the grass brush against my hands and tangle into my hair when I rolled around to much. Now, I can't do that. My parents won't let me move away and they certainly hate me leaving my bedroom. I know they care, but I'm not completely paralyzed yet. I can still use the top half of my body. They see me as something that they have to take care of. I don't want to be viewed like that but I can't make them suddenly change their minds.

I hope that one day I can find something else I'm really passionate about. But I know that I'm not giving up my love or need for dancing anytime soon.

Who knows, I probably never will.