~Chapter 4-Broken like the glass~

You stare up at the ceiling, hands laid at your side and dull eyes blinking every now and then.

The hospital room made your stomach twist and turn. The white hurt your eyes and the constant beeping made you irrational. No one came to see you. All except that nice nurse who acts like a mother to you. She won't let anyone touch you, not even the doctor. It made you feel warm inside knowing she's looking out for you.

A knock on the heavy hospital room door makes you sigh under your breath, sparing a glance over at the wooden door before mumbling a loud: "come in."

The nurse, May, comes walking in, her smile sparking some happiness inside you. You give a small smile back.

"How are you feeling?" She asks, sitting down on the bed beside you.

Your smile drops, turning your head back forward to look at the ceiling. Your hands reach down to the end of your shredded hospital gown, feeling at how much anger you released on the poor clothing.

"I feel alone. But if you're asking for physically? I'm okay."

Every time she asked how you were doing, you would reply with the same answer. 'I feel alone'. She understood, and she knew, until you were happy again, you weren't going to give her another answer.

"Well I have some good news and some great news. What do you want to hear first?" She peers over, giving a grin.

You look over to her, your lips tugging into a smile. You never thought you would give a real smile ever again. Good news might be the best medicine at the moment.

"The great news," you whisper.

"Well, you've been in the hospital for about a week now. You're fine, sure, but I can't let you go to some orphanage take care of you. You need special attention. So, how would you feel if I adopted you? Only if you want, dear."

Pain strikes at the little emotions you have left, eyes welling up with tears. You reach a hand up to your face, putting your palm to your forehead. May just watches you with soft eyes, waiting patiently for an answer. You try to suppress any sobbing, feeling like a crybaby for sobbing over something like this. Seems like crying is the only thing you're good at these days.

"I-I would love that..." You nod, wiping away your tears with the back of your hand.

She cheers, leaning over and pulling you in for a hug. May knew you didn't like being hugged, even more so after the accident. But right now, a hug felt like it was necessary. You sit there, eyes wide and body starting to tremble. Hesitantly, you hug her back, sighing at the feeling of love rushing through you. Her hug felt like your mothers.

"Want to know the good news?"

You pull away, tipping your head and quirking a brow. She just chuckles, getting off the bed and heading over to the door.

"You have a visitor," she giggles, leaving the room only to be replaced by that certain skeleton you've kept your eyes on.

When your eyes meet his pin-pricks, you feel the heat rushing to your cheeks, a small squeak passing through your lips. He shuts the door, walking over and sitting beside you on the bed.

"Hey, how are you doing?"

"I've been better, actually." You reply, keeping your head down so he couldn't see your blush.

"How is the dancing going?" You ask, looking over shyly.

"Hm, well Papyrus tripped and fell. The back of his skull has a tiny crack now." Sans chuckles.

You roll your eyes, playfully punching his shoulder.

"I meant with you, dude."

He blinks, his cheekbones getting a bright blue color from the embarrassment.

"Oh, I guess everything is fine. I've been trying to learn some new moves and it's not going too well." He shrugs. "In any case, I probably won't be famous like I want."

"I wanted the same thing... until I had my life taken away from a plan crash." You mumble, mentally face palming so hard your hand goes through your face for being such a downer.

Sans stays quiet, looking down at his black and white converse. You two ease into an awkward silence, one that made the hair stand on the back of your neck. It felt like the once bright white hospital room was getting darker and darker by the minute.

You saw Sans standing there at the scene. He looked shocked and in pain for you, as well as his friends. Everyone gave you pitiful looks, but also looked happy for themselves. They didn't have to go through the mental torture of losing loved ones. At that moment, you realized people were cruel. Crueler than you knew. Stand around and watch while this girl cries over her family. Pull out a camera and show the whole world about the accident that screwed up your life some more.

Don't help them, just watch.

"How did it feel?" He speaks up, snapping you out of your daze.

Using all the strength you had, you grab your legs and throw them over the side of the bed. You sit there with Sans, both of you looking down at your feet, not able to look at each other.

"Horrible. I thought I was in a nightmare, I'm still trying to wake up. Now I see that I can't because I'm not in a nightmare. I'm living one."

Sans slides a hand away from his side and wraps his arms around you, hugging you tightly. You cave in, wrapping your arms around him in return.

"How do feel at the moment?"

You cling to his hoodie, gathering the blue cloth in your fists and squeezing. Your knuckles turn white and your trembling body starts to shake violently. You didn't want to cry. Even more so in front of this skeleton that you might have a crush on. Biting down harshly on the inside of your cheek, you resist the urge of letting yourself go.

"I feel broken..."

"I'm just as broken at the glass from my smashed in car. I'm just as crushed as the car itself. My heart is as still as the lower half of my body."

You look up at his face, ignoring the blush on your face and trying to turn your frown upside down.

"And I'll never be the same ever again."

----

I'm such a donkey.

*waits for people to get it*