~Chapter 2-His number~

Ever since that one Friday, you couldn't stop thinking about the next one.

You would scratch off the days on your calendar, wishing it would become Friday just a little faster. After all, you just made a new friend. Well... you two haven't officially settled it, but you hope to be since no one else will. 

Today was Thursday and it was that longest Thursday of your whole life. So in order to get your mind off of tomorrow, your parents decided to go for ice cream and shop with you.

"Dad." You snap, crossing your arms like little kid.

"Yeah?" He asks in a sickly sweet tone making you gag.

"I can roll my wheelchair myself. I still have working arms, you know!" You glare at the both of them through your hair.

You know they mean well, but they can't baby you twenty four seven. You're 19 years old, so why can't they at least let you push your own wheelchair? They won't let you get a job. They say you'll 'strain' yourself. They will not let you leave the house or move out by yourself. Not much of a life is it?

"We're just trying to protect you!" Your mom pinches your cheek making your glare harden.

"I can protect myself..." You grumble, scoffing under your breath.

"What was that?" Your dad asks in a warning tone.

"I mean, come on! I look like a baby getting pushed in a stroller!" You throw your hands up, waving them around dramatically.

"Oh look at me! I'm just a simple adult sitting in this stroller looking like a baby, why don't you stare a little more?" You shout, twisting the top half of your body to swat at your parents.

They just chuckle, making your eyes blaze with fire. At this moment, you wish you had the power to snap your fingers and they would vanish into thin air. Just for day or two. They push you up to the front window of the ice cream shop, your hand going to your forehead.

"We'll go get the ice cream. You stay here." Your mom warns.

You purse your lips, shifting your gaze away and crossing your arms. They both sigh, walking into the store. You let out a sharp breath, rubbing your eyes with your clenched up hands.

"This day just keeps getting better and better."

After a while of sitting listening to passing cars, getting strange looks from people who passed by, and birds tweeting as the flew past you, two feet step in front of your wheelchair.

You lift your hanging head, cheeks blooming with a dark color. Sans' smile stretches at seeing you out in the world today. Never before has he seen you anywhere else then the old theater, and he caught you at just the right time too.

"Sup, (Y/n)?" He greets with a smile wave.

"H-hi, Sans... what are you doing here?" You try to hide your dark red face by setting your chin down in palm.

"Papyrus and I were going to Grillby's when we saw you. By the way, that was the first time I've ever seen you have a nervous break down." He chuckles making you flinch.

"You saw that? Aw man!" You slap a hand over your forehead, feeling more embarrassed then you have in your whole life.

"You looked fine, you know. I think you're just self conscious, kiddo." He takes out his hands from his hoodie pockets and crosses his arms.

"It's a long story." You mumble, taking the hand away from your forehead.

"Well," he digs out in his hoodie pocket, pulling out a smile piece of paper and handing it to you.

"Maybe you can tell me sometime. I've got to go. Papyrus will have my skull on a plate if I didn't hurry up." He gives a salute, rushing away from the scene without another word.

You watch him leave and meet up with Papyrus, a super wide grin on his face. When he stops by the taller skeletons side, a blue color rushes to his cheekbones.

"DID YOU GIVE HER YOUR NUMBER?" Papyrus yells, a laugh escaping your lips.

You look down at thin, white piece of paper seeing his number scribbled onto it. Next to the number was a poorly drawn heart.

"Yo, Papyrus!" You yell out, grabbing his full attention.

You hold up the piece of paper, smirking and waving it around. Sans pulls his pulls his hoodies head over his face, blue consuming the rest of his skull.

"HIGH FIVE!" Papyrus holds up his skeletal hand, waiting patiently for hand to slap it with his own.

Sans gives him a quick high five before scrambling around the corner so you couldn't see him anymore. Papyrus quickly follows after him, laughing and pointing like a little kid. Before you could fangirl about getting his number, your parents walk out with the ice cream.

"Hi honey-... why are you smiling?"

You hide the paper knowing they would take it away, shrugging your shoulders.

"I don't know... I just am!" You start to giggle uncontrollably, covering your mouth to lessen the noise.

Your parents both give you weird looks before shrugging and handing you your favorite ice cream. You lean back in your wheelchair, sighing happily while your parents stood there concerned for you.

----

As Sans scrambles around the corner where you couldn't see him anymore, he whips around and tries to glare at Papyrus.

"Dude!"

"WHAT?"

"Why would you do that? That was so embarrassing." He avoids pin-prick contact with his brother.

"WELL I'M OBVIOUSLY NOT GETTING A GIRLFRIEND ANYTIME SOON. SO I MIGHT AS WELL TEASE YOU ABOUT IT, BROTHER!"

Sans rolls his pin-pricks for eyes, crossing his arms and turning around, walking over to Grillby's without another word being said to his brother behind him. He laces his skeletal fingers around the door handle of Grillby's and pulls it open. At that moment, Papyrus starts to sing at the top of his lungs he didn't have.

"SANS AND (Y/N) SITTING IN A TREE-"

"Papyrus!"