Chapter 9 - Time for holidays

..no, no, no, no, no, not for Nathan and Timmy. For me. I think I need some loooooooooong holidays. :-D
My new bestest friend Cliff Hanger invited me tonight :-)

___

When Timmy woke up he felt so cuddly and warm. Over the night both young men changed into their human form and now Timmy was wrapped around Nathan and he felt at home. His scent was soothing him, his warmth was warming not only his body but his heart.

And the snoring coming from his mate was a serious indicator for the loss of whole forests.

Timmy smiled happily and snuggled even a bit closer.

Finally he had his mate.

Buddy?” he asked his wolf sleepily. “Yeah?” answered his wolf. “Did you ever feel like that?” Buddy didn’t need to think. “No. Never. And I don’t want to lose that. You?” Timmy shuddered. “No. Never.

A big black wolf strolled into their conversation. He fell down on his belly, huffing loudly. “Ever tried to sleep with a sound machine?” he asked grumpily. Buddy snuggled into the bigger wolf and said: “I don’t mind. It’s our mate. He can be as loud as he wants.” Timmy nodded fiercely. Nathan grumbled. "We'll see if you think that after countless sleepless nights."

The wolves fell back asleep, but Timmy found himself on his back, kissed by an unshaved and unshowered Nathan who had a horrible morning breath.

Timmy loved it.

Nathan pecked him once more and said: “Let’s go shower.” Timmy nodded eagerly. “And breakfast.” Both men felt the wolves perking up with hearing the word “breakfast”.

After a long and not so relaxing shower they made their way to the kitchen. The scent of fresh brewed coffee wafted through the air together with some other scents. “Ewww… old people sex.” Buddy said, scrunching his nose.

When they entered the kitchen, they saw Germaine sitting at the table, looking at them approvingly. Sarah hugged her son tightly, not saying anything. It wasn’t necessary. Connor looked sternly at Nathan. “You know, normally I wouldn’t say that, seeing that we held our mate higher than our lives. But in your case I think it seems fit: Hurt him and you have a problem. Me.” Nathan nodded. “Seems legit. But if I had known what I knew now, I wouldn’t have rejected him. There is no way.”

Germaine looked at him. “So now you understand why we are not standing up against Alpha?” he asked through their special Link. Nathan thought a moment about that and paled. “They are threatening the mates?” Germaine looked at Nathan grimly. “Not only threaten. What do you think how Alpha was able to kill your father? A wolf much more powerful than him? Luna killed your mother first. And your father just lost it. The pain was too much and he was happy when Alpha carried out the final blow.”

Nathan looked at Timmy, and thinking about losing that precious life, just when he found him, caused pain in his chest.

Then how am I supposed to do what you expect?” he asked almost desperate. Germaine looked in his cup of coffee, stirring around like he expected to find the answer to all questions in it. “I don’t know, Nathan. But somehow you have to find the strength and the will to challenge Alpha AND win. The pack is desperate. We all can’t take much more, but we need a strong leader. A leader who is looking for the prosperity of the pack and not for his own measly butt.” he looked up to Nathan, quietly challenging him.“Are you that man, Nathan? Are you the one who is strong enough to pull through? Are you brave enough to risk everything for the people who are not able to fight without somebody to lead them?