Chapter 10 - yay for the Abakus

No stakes. No "Burn the witch" please. Just enjoy. :-D

___________________________

Nathan took Timmys hand and both ran as fast as possible to their families. Nathan stopped in front of his mother, pushing Timmy behind him and stayed shoulder on shoulder between Connor and his Dad, building a wall between the threat and their beloved ones.

Alpha looked at him, grinning smugly. "Oh well, there is the last one. Now now. Let's the party begin, I guess?" he asked mockingly, but Nathan wasn't having any of it.

"You are no longer Alpha of this pack. This is my challenge to turn over. Come on, try to get rid of me." he said outraged. Alpha looked at him in disgust. "Why should I fight you little human wolf? You are not even worth the time of a day." Alpha turned around but a low murmur of the rogues let him stop. They didn't appreciate his attempt to avoid the fight.

He thought a second and then turned back to Nathan. "On the other hand. Well, yes. I paid a lot of money for your education. But you are no member of the pack. And so you are basically a rogue. How would you be able to challenge me?" he asked slyly.

Nathan squared his shoulder. "This is not the question. The question is only: Are you willing to accept the challenge? Or are you looking for the easy way out like the coward you are?" he said firmly. He felt Timmy shaking behind him in fear to lose him, but he couldn't do anything now.

Alpha was thinking hard. A challenge was always risky, seeing that there was a slight chance he could lose the fight. On the other hand his paws were itching to show this little idiot his place. Alpha nodded briefly. "Alright, young Nathan. I accept your challenge." With that he shifted and attacked the young man.

To his utter surprise Nathan dodged his attack and shifted into his wolf. Both wolves circled around each other. Out of the corner of his eyes Alpha could see his Beta standing in a protective stance in front of Timmy and his own mate, Ginny.

He really didn't get why everybody was so worried about that little shit. His attention went back to Nathan just right in time, seeing the big black wolf attacked him, aiming to his throat. Alpha dodged that attack and back to circling they went.

The rogues still surrounded his former pack, but what was enraging him most was the formation this pack took in: a big circle of wolves, those who were capable of fighting at the outside, building a wall made out of teeth and paws, the weaker wolves in an inner circle, still fierce, and in the middle those who they protected: The pups and that blasted sun wolf Timm... erm, wait, WHAT?

Alpha looked at the golden wolf, who was standing proud right in the middle of the protective circle, not taking away his gaze of Nathan. He was completely staggered. Timmy was a sun wolf? And he didn't have a clue? Oh he knew he should have killed that blasted bastard.

Alpha realized that he got only one chance to kill that wolf: In killing his mate, Nathan. Who was attacking him right now and Alpha almost wasn't able to dodge. Nathan managed to rip a deep slash into his side anyway. Alpha winced. "Luna?" he asked warily. "What?" came the bored reply of his wife. "Can you reach that sun wolf?" Luna scoffed. "Surely not. He is well protected." she replied.

Alpha looked at the leader of the rogues, nodding to the sun wolf. Slowly the vicious man nodded. "That wouldn't be a problem soon" he answered confidently, while still dodging Nathans attacks.

Both wolves were panting heavily by now and bleeding out of several wounds. A slight whine came from the middle of the protected circle. Timmy who was in distress because of his mate being injured.