Chapter 12 - The tea incidents

Nathan looked at the broken cup and the disappointed pack members, the tea spilled all over the wolves. They tried to lick it off the clothes, but obviously they needed a cup and drink that stuff. One of the pack perked up, looked at Timmy and eyed the package with the tea, getting agitated. Timmy hold the tea, still trying to comprehend what happened to Mr. Portier.

One by one the unmated wolves perked up and looked at the package with the tea. Nathan, finally realizing that the situation was getting out of hand, shoved Timmy behind his back. “Oh no, you didn’t. Don’t you dare and lay a hand on Timmy. I promise you to chop off every limb who is lingering in the wrong places. BY MY GRANNYS FRYING PAN!”

The mention of the famous pan, often used by Nathans granny on sassy pups, let them calm down a little. But the eagerness to finally get their mate amped them up pretty soon. Nathan sighed, feeling Timmy shaking in fright behind his back. Nate hissed at him: “DO something you useless human. They’re going to hurt our mate.”

Nathan turned around, snatched the blasted tea package, opened the window and threw it out of the porch. “Go, fetch.” he urged the pack members who didn’t think twice. A huge commotion started, when 8 wolves tried to leave the kitchen through one door, but finally they left the kitchen and the remaining wolves sighed in relief.

Nathan closed the door to shut out the yelps and whines of the wolves outside. The new pack leader wrapped his arms around Timmy's waist and tucked him safely under his chin, glaring at everybody who might try to approach the precious sun wolf.

Everybody relaxed visibly, seeing their alpha for once reacting normal with his mate. Protectively and possessive. Timmy sighed happily and the older wolves smiled indulgently at the now happy couple.

Nathan’s father entered the room, looking dead tired. Nate felt a bit guilty. “She saved our mate, you know?” Nathan agreed. “Yes, she did. How is she, do you know?” he replied. Nate snorted. “I wish. But somehow I still have no connections to the pack link.” Buddy padded over from Timmy to Nathans mind. Nathan cocked an eyebrow. “Come on guys. My mind is not a doghouse where you can switch like you want.”

Nate kicked him lightly. “Nope, more like a garbage dump, seeing your thoughts regarding our mate.” he snickered. “Should I feel pity for him?” Nathan blushed. “Well, it’s been a while.” he defended himself. Buddy grinned, ganging up with Nate: “Well… yeah. A while. About what while? Four hours?” Nathan was puzzled. All that went down that fast?

Finally they heard the little chuckles of their pack mates and realized that Jonah was staring openly at the still kissing couple. Nate laughed out loud. “A virgin for 2000 years and now he has no other idea than kissing his mate?” he snickered and Nathan scowled. “And MY mind is a trash dump, huh?” Buddy started to laugh, lying on the floor and rolling around yipping loudly. “My mate is hilarious. Oh boy, I’m such a happy wolf. I have no party pooper as a mate.” Nate and Nathan both glared at him. Buddy looked up. “What?” he grinned, before snuggling into Nate properly.

Nathan looked at his father, who had his head placed firmly placed at the counter top, murmuring: “One kid gay and one kid mated with a klutz of a vampire. Oh boy, I guess it could have been worse. Somehow.” Nathan nudged him. “At least we have both mates.” he grinned at his Dad.

He went serious. “How is mum?” he asked his father, half fearing the answer. Jonah looked dejected. “She’s badly injured. The pack doctor said she won’t die, but she will suffer for a long time.” Jonah looked up to Nathan. “She cried in her sleep. She cried because she felt sorry for what she did.” Nathans father paused briefly before he continued: “Timmy was right, you know? She was too frightened to blame Alpha for the things happened to us all. We were all too frightened to do something. So we did nothing and this almost killed us.” The pack members in the kitchen nodded, shame clearly at their faces.