Epilogue

Timmy was taking a nap on the sofa, snoring lightly, when a shy knock at the door woke him up. Sleepily he tapped to the door, opening it. In front of him stood a boy, maybe eight years old. He looked at Timmy expectantly: “Are you my Daddy?”

Timmy smiled kindly at the little boy. With his black hair and the blue eyes he was an adorable little kid and reminded Timmy at someone. He wore a dirty T-Shirt and shorts. No shoes, no socks, and he could see his little toes getting blue out of the cold. It was winter, and the snow was deep this year.

“No, I’m not. But why don’t you come in? I have milk and cookies.” The boy looked at him. “Cookies?” he asked puzzled. “Yeah, come in I’ll show you. What’s your name?” The boy said sadly. “I don’t have a name. I am Number 25.” his face lit up. “But the man who opened my cage said, that my Daddy will give me a name.”

Timmy’s heart flew to the kid. “Then we have to find your father soon, won’t we? I am Timmy.” he stretched his hand to the boy. He hesitated and then cleaned his small hand at the worn out T-Shirt, before he dared to take the hand of the Alpha. “Poor little guy” Buddy said with pity and Timmy agreed with him.

It’s been a several years now, that Alpha left the pack to find the lost puppies. He was pretty successful, giving that he never really cared for the pups he sold. But either he was able to send a message about the whereabouts of a pup or he was able to free the kid and send them home.

Each time a child arrived at the pack house, Alpha left immediately, not giving anyone a chance to speak to him, letting them deal with the kids who had a horrible upbringing. Many were severely beaten, others were indeed used as labrats. All were held in cages.

Not that people were eager to, but some parents still had questions, Alpha refused to answer. Timmy thought it was better for them to not know how their kid died. The reports of the surviving children and young adults were horrible enough. The pack shrink had now a team of three others who were sent by the council, once Nathan gave them a full report of Alphas crimes.

“Love? Another lost kid just knocked at our door.” Timmy informed his mate. Their love deepened over the time, it wasn’t just the mate bond, it was more. They became friends and partners in all occasions. Timmy was as much the Alpha as Nathan. “Oh good, I’ll send Germaine. I’m busy right now.” Timmy shot him a brief kiss over the mating bond. “Don’t take too long.” he heard his mate chuckling before he concentrated again.

The last years really had been busy. The industry was long gone, wrecked and the empty hall was slowly falling apart and becoming part of the forest again. The pack was hunting and raising up the children, like any other pack too, but they avoided the former industry at all costs. Over the years it became a haunted site and Buddy was worried about it.

But other than that the pack was settling down and becoming a real werewolf pack again under Nathans and Timmys gentle rule.

He provided the kid with a glass of milk and a huge pile of chocolate cookies. First he sniffled at the food warily but when he nibbled at it carefully his face lit up. The boy eyed the cookie happily before filling his mouth to the brim and chewing happily. Very soon the plate was completely clean. Timmy grinned and filled the plate with another pile. “Careful sweetie. Don’t fill your stomach too much.”

The kid beamed at him. “But it is sooo good. I never had something like that in my life.” Timmy kept his smiled but he knew what the boy didn’t say. That the kids were fed with dog food, if they got anything to eat.

The kitchen door opened and Germaine stepped in. The Beta looked at him. “Nathan said we have another lost kid?” he asked his Alpha. Timmy nodded to the rubble of black hair who was deep buried in the pile of cookies, munching at them happily. Germaine looked at the kid and turned to Timmy again when he froze on the spot. He whirled around again and mustered the kid intensely, before covering his face with his hands. “Oh my god.” he whispered. “This couldn’t be true.” Timmy looked at the Beta, a little puzzled, when Buddy nudged him. “Didn’t you see it? Look at the kid.” Timmy took a closer look and then he realized: The little boy was the spitting image of his father. A bit chubbier, a bit smaller, but the facial structure was the very same. He was the long lost son of Germaine and Ginny.

Germaine went to the boy, tears streaming over his face. He looked at the kid. “Blessed the spirits.” The boy looked at the Beta. “Are you my Daddy?” he asked hopefully. Germaine nodded. “I am. I am. Oh my goodness, oh yes, I am.” he took the boy in a tight embrace. “And never again I let you down. I promise.”

Timmy felt arms snaking around his waist in a tight embrace. Nathan looked at father and son, the Beta crying openly. “I’ll never get tired of these moments.” the bigger man whispered in Timmys ear and the smaller wolf could only nod.

A car came to a screeching halt from outside, steps ran up to the porch and a frantic voice was heard: “Where is he? Where is my son? Where, Germaine, my son? Where is he?” Ginny barreled into the kitchen, crying and laughing at the same time and froze, when she saw her mate kneeling in front of their son. She covered her mouth with her hand to suppress the happy gasp. “Oh my god it’s true.”

Germaine lifted the little boy in his arms and went to his mate. She asked him, a bit apprehensive: “What’s your name, sweetie?” The boy said: “I’m Number 25. But the man in the car said, that my Daddy will give me my real name.” he turned to Germaine and looked at him expectantly. “Daddy, what is my name?”

Germaine looked at his mate questioningly and she nodded fiercely. He kissed his newfound son. “Your name shall be Timmy. Named after the best wolf I ever knew.” Timmy looked to his elder brother in name and asked puzzled. “But your name is Timmy?” Germaine nodded. “Yes, it is. And I couldn’t imagine a better name.”

The boy looked pleased. “Timmy. I am Timmy.” he whispered, probing the name. He beamed at them all. “I am Timmy. I have a name. I am a real boy now.” he said excited. He clung to Germaines neck. “Thank you Daddy.” Germaine nodded to his mate. “And this is your mother, Timmy. She missed you a lot in the last years.” Timmy looked at the woman in awe. “I have a Mommy?” he asked, clearly not really believing his luck. She nodded and said. “Yes, I am your Mommy.”

The boy seemed dazed. “I have a name. And a Mommy. And a Daddy.” tears sprung in his eyes. “Am I dreaming again? I don’t want to wake up.” Timmy didn’t realize he was crying, but when Nathan wiped them away he sniffled a bit.

They both knew that hard times were ahead from them. Little Timmy had to learn from an early childhood to survive under circumstances he refused to realize. And his parents grieved for him, seeing him as dead, just to be now thrown right into the responsibility for a child who wasn’t really a child anymore. Not the way he was raised.

Nate chimed up. “Maybe we can give him his childhood back. At least a little. Like the others.”

Timmy nodded. They would work it out. Like always. He could feel the soothing support of both of their wolves. “We are here for you both.” Nate and Buddy said. “Like always.”

Timmy smiled, gazing at his mate lovingly. Yes, this was enough. It always had been.

Nathan took his hand and kissed the inside.

“Happy Christmas, my love.”

====================================================

In Germany the Christmas Eve is Dec. 24th. - so: It is today.

This is my Christmas gift to all who read and voted so diligently and who followed Timmys way to find his love.

Timmy and Nathan are actually waving at you, by the way. ;-)

Merry Christmas to all of you. And a real happy new year. Don't let the stress get to you.

And may the force be with you ;)