sparks

Max's POV

Max's POV

My family and I just moved to a farm in Lungomare. My dad wanted the "quiet life" of chicken eggs, pigs bacon, crops, horses, and whatnots. My mom just wanted to enjoy the wonderfully calm sounds of nature, ou, and animals... like lots of them. That was because, since I am now 16 I will not be around the house very often. So she will need someone or in this case animals to keep her company. But where would I go? I had no friends here.

The farm was small and old. It needed some restoring to do. After hopping off of our horses we took our things and placed them on the wooden porch. It almost cracked. Jesus. 

"This was the best place you could find dad?" I said turning to face him take another box.

He chuckled. "Well, yes. Do you wanna pay to fix us with a better place?" he said handing me the box. I stopped and looked down. "Yeah, that's what I thought."

I placed the box down and when to get another one. I saw dad giving mom a bear hug. She was happy.

"You now we could have lots of animals here. And maybe I could take care of them... and-" he kissed her before she would run out of breath from how fast she was talking. She smiled at him. "They'll take care of us."

"We'll take care of each other," he then kissed her on her forehead. Then they both come by my side.

"Okay champ, let's finish this up. We gotta check the barn too." he patted me on the back and we carried on with our stuff. Mom went inside to check the place out.

After placing the last boxes inside the house which mom took and started opening, we went to the barn. It wasn't big or anything. Upon entering it we noticed that it was dark. All the windows were covered. The place looked bigger from the inside since it was empty. There was grass scattered on the wooden floor so I took a broom and began sweeping the floor. My dad began uncovering the windows. Each sunray made me feel warmer and safer. Plus, I could actually see what I was doing.

"You know maybe we could get a bunch of cows for the milk, chickens for the eggs, and maybe some horses for me?" I said mumbling that last part about the horses.

"Max, you know we don't have that kind of money. I took a big risk even buying this place." He was carrying hay from one part of the barn to the other.

"But maybe-"

"Enough!" he raised his voice which made me jump. He had never done that. "Look I know you're growing up and you want to do things, but right now we can't afford it." 

I carried on with the broom until I heard the faint yelling of my mom. "Max, could you come just a minute please?"

"Coming," I sighed and let the broom fall to the floor. Maybe I was pushing it a little too much. I get that, but it was no reason for him to shout at me. Maybe he was just stressed. I'll just cook him something to cheer him up.

I got into the house and "Sweet Judy Garland mom what did you do?"  I said stunned at how quick she had gotten all our things out of the boxes and placed them inside the house.

"What, too feng shui?"

I was speechless at that moment. When my mom wants someting done, she will go to the ends of the world to do it, even if it means going full She-Hulk and doing it by herself.

"What do you think of the curtains?" she said taking them in her hands. "I don't know if-"

"Smoke."

"Well I don't smell anything, but-"

"No mom, SMOKE!" I rushed to the window to see where it was coming from. "The barn... DAD!!!"

I sprinted out faster than when Alex sprinted to bite Marty's butt in Madagascar. I could feel the heat of the fire growing stronger as I ran towards it. It was terrifying knowing that my father could be in there, passed out from the fumes, probably... I don't even want to think about it.

There was a water tank on my side. I could see a faucet too but no hose. There was no time to search for one. I took my scarf off, got it a little wet and put it on so it would cover my mouth and nose. I slammed the alley door open and the fire built inside spung out because of the pressure inside. I ducked and as soon as it spred away it found the courage to go in. Suddenly I heard the window peak crash onto the ground, blocking my way out.

 Suddenly I heard the window peak crash onto the ground, blocking my way out

It was burning hell inside. I could barely see the flames because of the smoke suffocating me.

"DAD!" I yelled... No response. "DAAAD!!! Still nothing. I was beginning to worry. What if he had passed out. I tried ducking to see if dad was on the floor. 

After several attempts, I could see something lying under a table. "Oh my god! Dad?! Dad, can you hear me?" I tried getting closer to him. Every step I took was draining my energies even more now.

I finally reached him. I shook him a little so see if he was conscious. He wasn't. I put his arm around my neck and lifted him up. Thank you, push ups. There were pieces of wood falling everywhere. I didn't even know if I was gonna make it to the door. Where's Iceman when you need him? 

I managed to get to the open doors but there was still debris piled up in front of it. I tried kicking it with my feet but it was no use. I was about to give up hope when I see the pile of wood moving. I could barely see the sky, the sun, water? and... A hot blonde.