Chapter 2 ~ Whispers in the Dark

Phantom of Love

All right reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

***

Maddy's POV.

During dinner I sat down with my new friends at a table, getting to know each other. Caroline, Zoe, Sylvia, Olivia, Augustus, & Leo.

"What's life in America like?" Said Leo. All the girls came in close to me. What's so great about America?...Well it's called "land of the free, home of the brave, land of opportunity." And it's a huge country with 50 states & all, but yeah I guess it's pretty cool.

"Well it's just like any other people would of it. It's awesome! Where I'm from we get snow ALL THE TIME!!! Goes tile the end of November to March or April. Lovely during the spring, really hot during the summer. The people are friendly, lots of open fields, forest, & more. I've kinda miss it, but I like it here too." I said still smiling, remembering all of the good time I had when I was young.

"Do you have any sisters?" Said Caroline

"I do! I'm the middles one in my family, but they treat me like I'm the youngest. My older sister is a doctor in Brazil, while my younger sister is still living with my parents, still in High School. I had fun with them when I was young, their always by my side, protect me when people would pick on me. I was bullied a lot when I was young, but my sisters will always have my back, but now...I have to learn to defend myself with or without them."

"That's a cute story, but you don't have time for stories. You are here to clean, MAID!!!" Said the snotty blond girl, hold her tray of food along with 2 other girls. Back in my home town we call those popular girls who think their the queen of the schools "plastics" And she's 100% a plastic. So I just ignore her & kept on eating my food. "What's wrong? Cat got your tongue?"

"No. It's just I don't have time to talk to trash like you." I said giving her a threatening look. She was speechless, didn't know what to say. That's good maybe she'll go away. "Now how about you go run along while I can eat my food in peace, talking to my REAL friends instead of your little puppets following you where ever you go." The girl was still speechless, then huffed, & walked away along with her puppets too.

As I turned around to eat my food all of the girls stared at me in ahh. "Uhh... Do I have something on my face?"

"No...it's just...No one has ever stand up against Julian & her...puppets."

"Well...someone has to stand up right?" I said putting food in my mouth. All of the girls smiled at e & we all laughed & went on with the rest of the night.

***

I walked back to my room when I was stopped my plastic lady. "I've heard that you were making fun of my daughter."

"Y-yes?"

"Well you listen here you little snip if you ever talk back to my daughter or even steal her spot light? I'll throw you OUT ON THE STREET!!! DO I MAKE MYSELF CLEAR?!" She said as my back was against the door. I was quiet for a moment when she slapped me across the face, I fell to the floor, hold my hand to my face. "I said...do...I make...myself clear?"

"Y-yes manquer..." I said getting up, still holding my hand to my face trying not let out my tears.

"Good...Goodnight maid. I'll see you at the stage with your new job." She said as she walked away into the darkness. I opened the door to my room, locked it, ran over to my bed, & cried in my pillow.