Chapter 4 ~ Bed of Roses

Phantom of Love

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

***

Maddy's POV.

My eyes fluttered open. I had a massive headache. I held my head as I tried to lift myself up from the bed. I first noticed was the blue velvet sheets; their not mine. As my vision came back to focus, I saw the bed I was laying on; wasn't mine either. It was a king size bed made of steel with elegant designs & a black silk canopy.

Then all these images began to come back.

Waiting for someone at midnight, dancing on the stage alone, 2 drunk guys chasing me, someone getting choked to death, seeing a the Phantom, him grabbing me. Then a rage in my nose. That's all I remembered.

Fear commenced to creep inside of me. "Where a I?!" I said to myself as I slowly removed myself from the bed as I examined the place. It was lit by an abundance of candles on tall candelabras. The ceilings were high & on the walls hung red silk cloths. It was a dungeon, but it was decorated like a home. Statues & paintings of people were sitting everywhere. A misty lake stood below & a boat was bobbing on it.

My eyes stopped short on the man sitting on the organ piano. He was busy writing something, he didn't seem to notice that I was out of bed. "I could escape right now. All I had to do is hop on the boat & quickly row back to the stairs beyond the gate."

I turned to descend the stone steps, but I crashed into a small candelabra. I rapidly twisted my head & the man was staring at me.

I froze, my right leg suspended in the air. The man kept starting at me; he still wore a white half covered mask, he hair was a little bit ratted out to the side like all the guys did back in America. What really makes my heart beat rapidly was his yellowish-blueish eyes staring right at me. He wore all black, & he was very handsome, but I kept pushing the thought aside.

We both stood unmoving in out positions.

"Madelyn." His deep voice echoed through the stone walls. I didn't respond. Instead I bolted down to the boat to flee. The man immediately ran to me almost grabbed my arm, but I jumped out of the boat & ran thought the freezing water. The one that you should know about me is that I can't swim at all; I drown every time I'm in the water, but that never stopped me from my escape.

I ran faster in the water tile I came to the deepest part of the lake. I couldn't fine a spot to stand on, so I went underwater trying to swim to the surface, but it was no use I was going down even farther. Just when I thought I was gonna die by drowning I saw the man swimming underwater in his white shirt, black pants, & black boots.

He grabbed my hand, pulls me to his arm. We both came up to the surface; we both gasped for air. I held onto his chest as he kept swimming back to his lair.

When we got to the steps he carried my bridal style to a couch, he sat me down gently as he went to his organ, grabbed his black robe. He wrapped it around me as he was on his knee trying to calm me down. Luckily him it was working I was starting to relax more when he touch my face his his rough yet soft hands.

I started to shiver from the cold water. He seem to noticed that I was shaking, so he sat right beside, pulled me up onto his lap & hugged me. "W-what are you...doing?" I said with a shaky voice.

"This is how to keep warm..." He said rubbing my back, I began to relax even more. I smelled the sweet smell from his robe that filled up my nose. He smelt like roses, & cologne, feeling intoxicated by his delicious fragrance. My whole face grew VERY warm.