Chapter 7 ~ Bleeding Hearts

Phantom of Love

All rights reserved.

Copyright © RaddyMaddy

***

Erik's POV.

3 men then lunged at me, but with a twirl of my cape, I dodged them all. I gripped my knife & thrust it to a short man's ribs. He let out a sharp cry.

The 2 remaining men grabbed me, one holding my back while the other threw blows at my stomach.

After 6 punches to the gut the fat man brought out his knife; a lot bigger then mine & stabbed my in the gut. I cried out in pain as the knife came out of my stomach, & then cut the side of my face. Blood trickled down my face & stomach. "This is bad...this is really, really bad."

Then the same fat man slapped me across the face, sending my mask flying. The fat man's eyes widened when he saw my half deformed face. "Now's my chance."I said to myself.

I kicked my legs in his groin. The man bent over & cried. I swiveled & thrust my knee into the scrawny man's stomach & hit him on his jaw twice.

All of the men laid on the floor, staining the ground with blood. One of them... was dead.

I heaved, catching my breath. I reached for my mask & placed it back on my face.

I would've killed them all for touching Maddy, but I knew I had to flee before anyone saw me.

***

Maddy's POV.

My head rested on the brick wall behind me. My arms stung. I had to get these cuts taken care of. It was bleeding excessively now.

I closed my eyes & breathed, trying to calm myself.

Then I felt a hand over, my mouth. My thoughts ran back to the men at the bar. "CRAP!!! They found me!"

When I opened my eyes, Erik stood in front of me. He was bending a bit, his free hand holding his stomach, blood was spilling out between his gloved fingers.

Once he saw I wasn't going to scream, he removed his gloved hand from my mouth.

"Erik." I breathed.

"Are you alright Maddy?" He questioned.

"Yes. Are you hurt?" I asked, reaching for his stomach, making him wince with pain. More blood was coming out; falling to the ground. "Oh crap you bleeding." I panicked; I grabbed him under his big strong arms. "Come with me. Hurry." I whispered as we walked all the way back to the Opera House, to my bedroom. I sat him down on my bed, as I headed for the bathroom with a small bucket of water & a wash cloth. "Alright... lets remove your shirt." I said as I helped him removed his black vest, this deep dark red tie, then this white shirt tile he was completely shirtless.

My whole face turned deep, deep red as I saw his rock hard 6 packs, & his strong buff arms. I saw the deep cut that formed on Erik's stomach. This was really bad. I touched his chest to feel his heart beat, beating fast.

Erik breathed heavily as he touched my warm, flushed cheeks. "I'm fine Maddy. It's you I'm worried about. And I'm sorry that..."

"Shhh..." I said as I put my finger on his lips. "It's okay. Thanks for saving me back there." I said as I started washing out the cut. He jerked back & winced a bit. "Sorry, but hold still." I flinched. After the blood stain came off his skin I picked up a bottle of alcohol, dabbed it on the rage. "Now hold still... this might sting a little." Then placed it on the cut.