Lean on Me

Kirigiri collapsed one day due to overwork

Kirigiri collapsed one day due to overwork. Asahina took her to the hospital immediately and had a doctor do a checkup on her. He ordered her to stay in bed and rest for a week. Kirigiri tried to refuse the doctor's orders because she was the head of the 14th Division. She could not afford to take a break with so many things going on under her jurisdiction. Through the doctor's and Asahina's persistence, Kirigiri ended up giving up on resisting and accepted to listen to both of their advices.

On the second day of staying at home, Kirigiri tried to continue doing her work from home. It was forbidden to take work out of the office unless you were a division head. Despite sleeping in for a whole day, Kirigiri was still physically weak and forcing herself to doing her regular routine was not helping her get better either.

Luckily, the worried Asahina ordered in some reconnaissance to check up on Kirigiri's condition.

Despite being married, the two have yet to move in together.

Naegi showed up before Kirigiri's apartment in his usual casual evergreen hoodie and jeans since it was his day off. Truth be told, Asahina also wanted to make a visit but ended up having her hands tied with a heap load of work from her jurisdiction after going on a donut run when she was supposed to work overtime as punishment.

Naegi appeared cheery with a bag of groceries and rang Kirigiri's doorbell.

Not noticing her appearance, Kirigiri opened the door in just her underwear and a large long sleeved buttoned white shirt instead of her usual long nightgowns.

Naegi blushes from Kirigiri's unkempt appearance.

"K-K-K-K-Kirigiri-san, your clothes!"

"...My clothes?"

Kirigiri looked down at her clothes and then back at the blushing Naegi. Her vision was slightly blurry due to her fever.

"I see no problem..."

"E-Excuse me for a moment," Naegi said as he placed his hand behind Kirigiri's head and tapped his forehead against hers. "I knew it. Your forehead is burning up... You are not thinking straight because of your cold. You must have been pushing yourself with work."

"Your worries are unnecessary, Naegi-kun," Kirigiri said coldly.

"You are obviously not okay, Kirigiri-san."

Kirigiri shoved Naegi away slightly.

"How ridiculous, I'm fi–"

Kirigiri collapsed from exhaustion and landed in Naegi's arms.

"You are always pushing yourself too hard, Kirigiri-san," Naegi said as he lifted Kirigiri up in his arms bridal style and escorted himself into her apartment.