Day Off

Kirigiri and Naegi had a day off together. The two newlyweds decided on staying inside for their first day off after several months.

Naegi woke up earlier than usual and went to prepare a special breakfast for Kirigiri.

"I should make some pancakes," Naegi said to himself.

"I would like to help prepare," Kirigiri said as she entered the kitchen.

"Kirigiri-san, you woke up!"

"Mm...I woke up earlier than usual since we had a day off."

"You could have stayed in."

"I would have, but you were not in bed earlier," Kirigiri said as she yawned softly.

Naegi blushes.

"Eh? You wanted to spend time together in bed?" Naegi asked.

Kirigiri blushes from realizing what she said earlier.

"No, that is not it...or it is," Kirigiri said in a fluster.

Naegi coughed into his fist.

"...How about I get breakfast ready while you wash up?" Naegi said as he tried to change the topic.

"I washed up a bit earlier...I want to help you prepare breakfast, since you always do it."

"I like cooking for my wife. Just take some time off to relax."

"I want to help my husband once in awhile too!" Kirigiri said strongly.

"Understood," Naegi said.

Kirigiri was wearing her very short fleece shorts with a matching white hoodie with light purple dotted design. Naegi felt a bit worried about her exposed thighs and swiftly tied an apron over her body from behind her.

"You might get burned if you wear that," Naegi said with a smile.

"Let me help you too," Kirigiri said as she got on her knees.

"W-Whoa, Kirigiri-san!" Naegi said as he tried to back away. "It's fine! It's fine! You do not have to do that!"

Kirigiri looked up at Naegi with a slightly pouty expression.

"I want to do it..." Kirigiri begged.

While Naegi was distracted from Kirigiri's endearing expression, Kirigiri had already latched onto Naegi's waist and began tying an apron around his waist. Naegi quickly accepted his fate and allowed Kirigiri to tie the apron around his waist.

Naegi held his heart on the side before going back to cooking. Naegi finished making pancakes, while Kirigiri sliced up some fruit and got the toppings ready.

"Kirigiri-san! Kirigiri-san!" Naegi called.

"What is it?" Kirigiri asked as she turned towards Naegi.

Naegi pastes whip cream on the tip of Kirigiri's nose.

"Hehe...You easily fell for my trick, Kirigiri-san." Naegi said in a teasing manner.

Kirigiri grabbed Naegi's face and nuzzled her nose against Naegi's nose.

"Now, we look exactly the same," Kirigiri said with a smile.

"Kirigiri-san, we do not look exactly the same," Naegi whined. "Your skin is so pretty and translucent, so the whip cream does not stand out much on you."

Kirigiri wiped the whip cream off Naegi's nose with a napkin.

"All clean," Kirigiri said with a smile.

Naegi licked off the whip cream on Kirigiri's nose.

"It is more convenient if we just lick it off," Naegi said with an innocent smile.

Kirigiri's heart stopped for a moment and caused her to faint from happiness. Naegi quickly caught her before she fell.

Shortly afterwards, the two shared a peaceful breakfast and a relaxing day at home together.