Honeymoon (Part 3)

'I fainted... Did Kirigiri change me while I was unconscious!?' Naegi thought to himself as he got up from bed.

Naegi found Kirigiri wearing a similar robe standing outside on the balcony staring at the stars.

"Thank you for earlier, Kirigiri-san..."

"Do not mention it. I could not just leave you in there."

"Just wondering... Did you see?"

"Did I see what?"

"M-M-My body..." Naegi stuttered.

"I did. I even wiped you dry. Do you have a problem with me touching you without your permission, Naegi-kun?"

"Of course not... I just feel embarrassed. You saw my body..."

"Ah! You worried about not being able to become a bride anymore? It's not a problem since I am willing to take responsibility for my actions."

"Kirigiri-san..."

"Is your nosebleed better now?"

"Yes, it is... I'm sorry about the bath."

"...That was more of my fault though."

"Cleaning up the bath must have been difficult."

"Not really, there are self cleaning machines here as well. It is quite high tech here."

Achoo!

Kirigiri released a small sneeze similar to the sound of a mouse.

"You are wearing such light clothing..."

"You didn't seem to mind it earlier in the bath," she teased.

Naegi blushes.

"...That is another thing. You will catch a cold with such light clothing on out here," Naegi said as he placed a blanket on Kirigiri's shoulders.

"Thank you," Kirigiri said with a gentle smile.

"What are you doing out here by yourself?"

"...I was just thinking about a few things."

"Like what?"

"The past."

"The past?"

"The incident that happened at Hope Peak still feels like it just happened yesterday. When I think back on it, I remember how I betrayed you that day. For as long as I could remember, I dictated my actions based on logic, making me a cold person. I should know very well of how any small mistake could be costly," Kirigiri said as she squeezed her hands together, remembering the burn scars she received as an amateur detective. "I should have protected you much better... I was blinded by my will to survive in order to bring down the mastermind that I made mistakes. If Alter Ego didn't interfere, you would not be here today. Although I eventually went through the garbage disposal to find you, I don't think that was enough to make it up for putting you through all of that. Then, when that was not enough, there was the incident at Headquarters as well. If things didn't go as they did, you would have spent a long time blaming yourself..."