CHAPTER 4: UNEXPECTED

I was peeking at the peephole when i saw a man standing in front of our house, the person i was never expecting to come and the person i was praying to never see him again

I was peeking at the peephole when i saw a man standing in front of our house, the person i was never expecting to come and the person i was praying to never see him again. My x fiance, Riley. My heart beats faster as i wasn't ready for this to come, the day that i would actually meet him and talk to him in person after the broken marriage plans. I was debating with my inner self if i would actually let him in or i would ignore him. I was scared to face him and hear out everything he wants to say. As he about to leave he suddenly knock again.

"knock! knock!"

I inhaled deep breath and open the door.

" Yes?" i pretended not to know who's at the door.

"Xandria, it's me Riley. I need to talk to you please open the door. I know it's you" Riley said.

I slowly open the door and let him in. 

" Come in, we could talk in the sala" as i pointed the way to the sala.

He seated at the sofa, it was a long silence between the two of us, neither the two of us wants to start the conversation.

"Would you like to have a coffee? " i asked to break the silence.

" No, it's okay, i'm fine, the thing is Xandria i need to tell you something important" his voice is a bit soft and shaky. I noticed that he's kinda reddish as if he was drunk.

"Riley are you drunk?" i ask.

" Hehehe you still know me well xandria, i can't even hide that from you, well are you going to get mad if i say yes i am? The thing is i needed to drink to have the confidence to face you, after all that i have done. I know you would definitely not forgive me, i did something stupid that i regretted it so bad. " he started telling.

" Riley, past is past it was long ago"i said.

"Please let me finish first and i want you to listen to me, i want to clear things up. After the day that you leave the house, i realized how stupid i am to let you go and did that to you, i know i hurt you a lot and that the scar remains. I was tempted, and haven't controlled my lust, and that i forgotten what i have promised you and what we have planned for so long. I came here to say sorry, sorry for all that i have done and that i have committed another wrong to you, I loved you, i always will, but i was weak and... and.." he stopped.

" and? and what Riley? why are you crying? " i was teary

" And that i can never be back to you... I, i get Abby pregnant! i am so sorry Xandria, I wanted to come back to you but i can't. I'm sorry i'm a coward, i'm stupid!" he said while crying.

It shook me, as if i was deafen with the news he have just said, I don't know how to react about it. I can't hold back my tears no more, coz honestly i still love Riley. It's killing me knowing I can never have him back. After all this time I thought I was okay with all the things happened. 

Riley left, leaving me with tears, and the pain was as if it was the day i knew he had cheated. 

" hey xandria are you okay? what happen? did something happen when i was sleeping?" Kim worriedly ran at me as soon as she found me in the salas crying.

I told her everything and she didn't know what to react to. 

" gwenchana Kim, i'm okay I'm a fighter you know. This is nothing" i faked a smile.

" Kajah, we need to prepare for work or else we would be late" i said.

" Are you sure that your fine? and that you would go to the office? your eyes is obviously swollen from crying xan?" kim replied.

" It's okay Kim, and besides, ma'am Andy needs to say something important to me" i said.

We hurriedly prepared for work and reach the office on time. It was the day that i have been waiting for. The day that my dream would actually come true if luck would be with me this time.

" Xandria, can you come in my office please?" ma'am Andy said.

"yes ma'am, i'll be there in a minute" i excitedly replied.

" So, we already received the good news. Our team will be send off to Korea for the upcoming reality tv program we will introduce to our channel and we have decided to send you and kim to Seoul for a month to interview and record the daily routine of the artist. You will be closely working to Big Hit Entertainment that would serve as your working project. So i would expect you to do well during the filming. We have your tickets and accommodation prepared and as well as you will be being paid during your days in Seoul. Good luck!" ma'am Andy brightly said.

" Thank you so much ma'am and i can assure you that we will do the very best we can during the month stay in Korea and comeback with lots of good good shots with the artist, and you know that this is a big project for me to lead and a dream come true ma'am thank you for trusting me on this!" i was at a high while telling this to my boss.

Actually working with Big Hit Entertainment!!! With BTS upclose!!! It was as if it was a rainbow after the rain experience. I hurriedly went to Kim to tell the good news about it, i was the team leader for the marketing strategies of the program while kim will lead the production team. 

A week after....

KOREA HERE WE COME!!!!!!!!!