Chapter Two: The Cave

As Alfred waited cor the two of them to return, he began to panic slightly, qondering what possibly happened.

Becore he could think of anything else though, the Batmobile came crashing through the water fall and down a long tun way of sorts.

The doors slid open, showing Robin trying to help Batman out of the car. "Master Damian!" Alfred exclaimed, rushing over to help. He rushed over, helping Batman out of the car and to the examination table.

"What happened?" Alfred asked, placing Batman's arm around him and walking him further into the cave. Damian took of his mask and walked forward, placing it on a table. "Dead Shot took over the GCPD. Had all of the guards, officers and snipers tied up along with Gordon. When I got there, father had already been injured." he said, sitting down on the chair in front of the Bat computer.

Alfred placed Batman on the table, taking off his mask and also the upper torso of his suit. "When did he receive this stab wound?" Alfred asked, grabbing medical tools to try and fix Bruce's wound.

"Father received that before I had arrived, but he had suffered an extremely horrific fall saving me." Damian said, searching through all the pulled up files on Floyd Lawton. "That bomb was to complex for father to defuse. Lawton has never been capable of wiring such a complex device. I highly doubt he was behind the explosive." Damian said, trying to find something on him.

Alfred began to prepare for surgery when he clued into what Damian had just said. "How serious were his injuries Master Damian?" Alfred asked, backing up from Bruce slightly. "He fell from the top of the GCPD without anything breaking his fall. I assume he's suffered at least two broken ribs and a punctured lung." Damian replied, opening a singular profile on Lawton's crime history.

Alfred began typing in a code on a key pad on Bruce's examination table, beginning an x-ray of Bruce. "You know Master Damian.  Sometimes the knowledge you bring here scares me." Alfred said, waiting for the x-ray to commence.

Robin chuckled. "My Grandfather ensured my growth in the future. As well did my mother. I have been pushed to the limits with my strength, as well as my mind. I'm probably the smartest child my age." he said, still focusing on the pulled files.

Alfred watched as the bottom of the table lit up under Bruce, waiting on it to finish the examination. A file then popped up on the screen of the Bat computer, taking Damian by surprise.

"Pennyworth. What is this?" he asked, clicking on the file and opening it. Alfred looked over towards Damian and began to walk towards him. Damian then looked at the file, scrolling through it.

"This is fathers examination." Damian said, scrolling down and reading the file. "The machine hasn't even finished the testing yet-..." Alfred began, being cut off by the results from the x-ray being sent to the Bat computer.

Damian opened the new file as well and compared them. "They're the exact same." Damian said, looking at Alfred who had now been hovering over him.

"How in bloody name is this possible?" Alfred asked, very confused to how these results came up. "I can start a basic trace to see where this came from, but I don't know how far I'll get." Damian said, beginning to type on the massive keyboard.

Alfred became extremely confounded by the results coming back so quickly, and from a mysterious and unknown sender. "What's going on?" Bruce said, slowly sitting up and sitting on the edge of the table.

"Master Bruce! You must not strain your self. You have suffered a massive blow." Alfred began. "Yes father. Unlike the conclusion I had drawn previously, you seemed to have broken three of your ribs." Damian continued, focusing on trying to trace the file still.