Chapter Nine: Questions

It didn't take much time before the two of them arrived to Wayne Manor. "Hurry Selina. We might not have much time." Tim said, busting in through the front entrance and rushing to the grandfather clock.

Selina rushed in behind Tim and seen him standing still. "This was a forced entrance. The clock is destroyed." Tim said, looking at chunks of wood and other mechanical pieces laying all across the floor. 

Selina rushed beside him and placed her hand on his shoulder. "Lets get down there Tim." Selina said, rushing down the stairs, knocking Tim out of whatever state he's in.

Tim followed her and soon they both stood in the Batcave, looking around for any obvious clues, but the Cave was practically spotless. "Tim! What's this?" Selina cried out, drawing Tim towards her. 

Tim looked at what Selina was looking at, and his jaw dropped a bit. "Nigma." he said in a deep raspy voice, clenching his fist and slamming it into the table. 

"What's that little weasel have to do with this?" Selina asked, noticing Tim's anger towards it. "Let's see." he said, picking up the box and examining it. 

"And of course. It's a riddle." Selina said, walking over and sitting on top of a near by counter. Tim looked at the mechanical box and read of the engraved riddle. 

"I am first in Earth,
second in heaven, I
appear two times in a
week.

You can only see me
 once in a year, although
I'm in the middle of sea.

What am I?"

Tim read of the riddle and began to look at the box in a confused manner. "The answer is 'The letter E' Tim." Selina said, hopping off the table and walking towards him. 

He looked at the box still with much confusion. "What's wrong? You can figure out who Batman is but can't figure out a simplistic riddle?" Selina said, chirping Tim a bit. 

"I knew the answer after the first line. But this is the Riddler. This is to simplistic a riddle for him." Tim said, rolling the dials to spell out "LETTER E."

When he finished the final letter, the box sprung open and a timer began to count down. "It's a bomb!" Tim exclaimed, throwing the box and pulling Selina to the side. 

The timer was set for 5 seconds and by the time Tim had grabbed Selina, the bomb had blown up. Tim quickly threw up his arms, raising his cape; using it to deflect the blast. 

Selina tucked her head down, hoping not to be hit. Moments passed and the blast subsided. "Like hell I'm letting this maniac stay out in the streets." Tim said, putting his arms down and helping himself along with Selina up. 

"I hate Eddy." Selina said, wiping her uniform and brushing the dust off of herself. She then looked up and seen Tim already at the computer. 

"Tim. Your wings are destroyed. You're gonna have a hard time moving around so quickly out there now." she said jokingly, walking up to him. 

"The blast fried most of the computers wiring. But I think I can still-..." Tim said, pulling up an address on the screen before the computer shut down from complete failure.

"What the hell did you just pull up?" Selina asked, following Tim back towards the stairs. "His last known address. I'm going to put him away. For good this time." Tim said, walking with Selina to the entrance of the house. 

When the two reached the doors, Selina was caught off guard by figures standing in front of the two. "You've got to be kidding me." Selina said, pulling out her whip and preparing to strike. 

"What the hell are you talking about?" Tim asked, looking at the disfigured images in front of them. "It's Eddies robots." She said, leaping forward and wrapping two of them up with her rope.