Chapter Four: The Bat & The Cat

Meanwhile...

As Bruce spead down the runway, he began to think about his son. "He doesn't understand yet." Bruce thought, flying through the waterfall and out of the cave.

As he spead down the road, he contacted the hospital. The line rang but nothing came of it. "Lines must be busy." he thought, hitting it into high gear and speeding doen the street.

Shortly after, Batman began to see the sign of the hospital. "Elliot Memorial" it said, glowing a bluish green.

As he approached, Batman engaged the autopilot and ejected himself out of the seat, sending him flying into the air.

As he flew upwards, he pulled out his grappnel, firing it at the wall and rising up to an open window.

When he arrived, he stood in the window frame, as everyone in the room wat hed his cape flow with the wind and the curtains.

"Batman?" the doctor said, wondering what he was doing there. "I need to talk to Jim." he said, stepping down to the ground. "Alone."

The doctor listened to him and left immediately, closing the door behind him. Batman then proceeded to walk towards the unconscious lieutenant.

"Gordon. We have to talk." Batman said, sitting down in the chair that stood beside Gordon's bed. 

Gordon heard Batman's familiar voice and looked over, trying to open his eyes. "B-b-batman?" Gordon said, beginning to cough ridiculously.

"What happened. I need you to tell me." he said, looking at Jim, hoping for an answer. "W-water." Jim said, trying to ask Batman something. He stood up and got Gordon water straight away and brought it to his head.

Gordon shook his head, motioning that he didn't want the water. "W-water." Gordon said, but with more strain in his voice. "Jim. It's right here." Batman said, bringing the cup towards him again.

Jim moved his head away slightly, struggling to move. "No.. W-w-water. GCPD." Gordon said, fainting from the pain. Batman stood up, looking out the window behind him and looking at the still smoking GCPD building.

"What's going on." he said, walking to the window and putting his right foot on the ledge. He looked back at Gordon body and whispered to him. "Feel better Jim." he said, leaping out of the window, firing the grapnel gun.

Batman zipped to the top of the building, beginning to walk across it. "The water. What could possibly of happened to the water?" he asked himself, bringing his fingers to his ear, contacting the Bat Cave.

"Alfred. I need you to pull up every single feed you can from the GCPD, the sewer system and the hydro lines. Gordon told me to investigate the water supply in the GCPD." he said, firing his grapnel once again.

"Bruce. Its Barbra. I'll begin pulling up the footage once I finish the trace on the sender. I'm almost done. You know. What Damian did here is amazing. He traced almost a quarter of this. He's very smart for his age... You should be proud." Barbra said, preparing to finish the trace.

"Barbra? Didn't realize you got there so quick." he said, reaching the top of the GCPD, and walking around the roof. "Well I was actually in Gotham. Didn't take me long to get there." she said.

"Are you finished the trace?" Batman asked, walking over to the detination sight. "I'm almost there. I'll pull up the security footage and send it too you. By the time you're finished at the GCPD I should be done here." she said, send Bruce the videos.

"Barbra, I'm sending you residue from the bomb. I need you to try and figure out what made this thing so volatile." he said, scanning the ground.

Barbra paused for a brief moment. "Who said this stuff was volatile?" she asked questionably. "You should see the guards." Bruce said, walking to the door on the roof. "Bruce wait!" she exclaimed, stopping him in his tracks.