26 | Not Part of The Script

There was a slight nervous chuckle coming from the back of the photographer. He turned around, startled by the sound and that's when I took my chance to look at how Kyle was taking this question.

Kyle's face had turned beet red, and under any other circumstances I would've thought it was adorable that he was nervous to kiss me. But because these circumstances weren't the most ideal ones, I looked away also embarrassed.

Once the photographer had turned back around, Kyle and I were looking in opposite directions, completely avoiding eye contact. The atmosphere had shifted to what once was almost bearable to completely awkward and I knew everyone in the room could feel it.

I saw Taylor and Zach in the corner of the set, speaking anxiously into their phones, while every other second glancing over at the scene in front of them, waiting to see what would happen the next.

This time it was the photographer to make a sound, clearing his throat as he felt the awkwardness of the question he just asked. No one said anything for a while and we were still standing in an awkward silence for the next five minutes until I decided that I couldn't take it anymore and decided to speak up.

"How about we just skip that request?" I asked hopefully. I looked at everyone to find that they were all nodding their heads in agreement. I found that the photographer was also doing the same, and I felt relief flood through me.

I looked over at Kyle, his face surprisingly masking his hurt that I could still clearly see through his eyes. I guess the perks of knowing someone forever is that you can read them like a book.

I thought that he wouldn't want to make things any more awkward between us, but it seems like he actually wanted to kiss me then.

"I guess we're done here for today," the photographer says, walking over to the screen to see the many pictures he has taken today. He starts talking with many of his co-workers. As he does this, I use it as a time to ask Kyle if he's okay.

I walk closer to him, and he gives me a half-smile, a smile that didn't clearly reach his eyes. "You okay?" I ask, pure concern in my voice. It's a tone I haven't used with him in a while which makes him smile brighter just hearing it.

He gives me a simple nod, not trusting himself to speak. I give him a deadpan look, making him know that I don't believe him one bit.

"Ranya," Kyle somewhat whines. "I'm fine honestly," then he raises his eyebrows, a taunting look in his eyes. "But on a side note, why are so afraid of kissing me? Did you get too scared of falling for these handsome looks?" he runs a hand through his air and gives me his famous smile, which most girls swoon at these days.

I have to admit that it was very attractive, but that's beside the point. I roll my eyes, shoving him hard into the brick wall which now I think about it, it probably wasn't the best idea. Kyle puts his hand on the wall to stop the rest of his body falling.

He turns back to me, giving me another smirk. "Ooh, defensive. So that was the reason, wasn't it?"

I go to give him another sarcastic remark, but then it suddenly dawns on me about why Kyle was so upset earlier and why he's teasing me right now. Was he upset because I wouldn't kiss him?

My face must've given away that I was thinking, because Kyle throws a worried look back to me.

"You okay, Ray?" he asks, the joking atmosphere of before disappearing.

I'm suddenly nervous to produce these lines as it might take us back to this morning where I was nervous to talk to him or back to when we didn't even talk at all.