16 | You Grow Up

“Pass me the popcorn!”

Cassie groans handing me the popcorn, shoving the whole container into my chest. The popcorn ends up going over the side, and I pout, watching the now dirty popcorn fall on the floor. I give her a glare, before looking back to the container that holds the popcorn. There’s now only a little bit left, due to Cassie’s hog eating and the popcorn falling over the side.

“Shhh,” Mum says, holding a single finger to her lips. “I’m trying to watch this movie!”

My whole family is seated in the ‘movie theatre room’ in the house, watching a movie as family bonding time. Since I’m basically on house arrest, we can’t go around the city, so instead we opted to watching a cheesy movie.

I got off set early today. After yesterday’s events, Phillip was still cooling down and he decided that he didn’t want to start anything else after filming scenes four and five. So I have instructions to study scenes six to eleven for our table read tomorrow.

I haven’t got to that yet.

Instead I’m lounged on comfy movie theatre seats, watching a movie on a really big screen. The room is like a miniature version of an actual cinema. Except it’s more modern and the seats are comfier and they can recline. There are ten seats altogether, five in the back and then it drops down to five in the front, then the television (which goes across the whole wall).

Mum, Dad, Cassie and I have taken up four out of the five seats in the front. We all have our chairs reclined, in way too comfy positions, watching the movie. Although, I’m not quite paying attention to the movie. Instead, I’m scrolling through my phone and eating all the popcorn.

The movie I’m supposed to be watching is Dance Alone. Basically, it’s about dancing with a love story through it, because let’s face it. What kind of movie doesn’t have a love story in it?

It’s a new movie that’s not supposed to come out for a couple of weeks, but since Kyle is famous he got an early D.V.D to watch it. I got bored with it after a while, it wasn’t one of the movies that got be captivated.

Dad seems to be loosing interest in the movie too, as he’s practically asleep in his chair. I watch amusedly as Mum rolls her eyes at him, before leaning over to me.

“So much for family time, huh?” she laughs.

“Let’s face it, Mum,” I reply, smirking slightly, “everybody knew that Dad wouldn’t be able to make it through this movie. He can’t watch any movie without falling asleep. I wouldn’t be surprised if he fell asleep watching mine.”

Mum’s eyes tinkle with amusement, but there’s a serious tone behind them. “I can assure you he’ll watch your movie without falling asleep. He wouldn’t miss it for the world.”

I snort, finding that hard to believe. “Doubt that, Mum,” I tell her. “The whole nineteen years I’ve been on this earth, I’ve never seen Dad awake for the end.”

“I’ll make sure he’s awake,” Mum vows.

“Shut up,” Cassie hits my arm. “Someone has made a guest appearance in the movie.”

I shoot my eyes to the screen, my eyes instantly falling on the guest star. I roll my eyes, figures. That now explains how Kyle got an early copy of this movie. He has an appearance for like five minutes.

“This movie suddenly got a lot less entertaining,” I grumble under my breath.

Cassie snickers beside me. “It’s not like you were even watching it.”

“True,” I shrug, hopping up from my chair, to stretch a little. “I’m going to get Cayden to watch the rest of the movie with me.”

Cassie smirks, shaking her head. “You mean, you’re going to get Cayden so you can make out with him while the movie is playing.”