BONUS CHAPTER 1

an: this isn't edited warning. just had to get this up while I have time cause I'm in the middle of exams!!

3 years later

R A Y N A

"Welcome to the last week of shooting."

Relieved, but distraught sighs echo throughout the room and I make eye contact with my co-star from across the room, both of us wearing identical worn-out smiles.

As the director of my new movie, wraps up her sentimental speech of, 'it's been great to work with you for these pass seven months', I can't help but feel utter relief sink through me that I will be able to head back home for the first time in half a year.

Don't get me wrong, the movie has been great to work on and I've loved every second of it. But non-stop shooting in Arizona meant I couldn't leave, and with my family and friends having tight schedules, I haven't seen anyone in months.

Not even Kyle.

And I feel like that's taken a strain in our relationship.

Of course, we expected this to happen. Usually when him and I are away we have been able to visit each other often when we're working on huge projects, but with my new movie shooting in Arizona and his back in LA, none of us have even taken the time to breathe, let alone contemplate how we are supposed to visit each other.

At the start we Facetimed everyday, then it went down to texting once a week, now I haven't spoken to him properly in a month, occasional 'hey's' and 'hi's' coming through from his end and mine and conversations being cut short.

"You okay?"

I look up, only realising now that I've been glaring at the ground. My eyes meet my co-star's green ones, as he wraps a comforting arm around my shoulder.

I lean into him, grateful for the support. With the movie going on and the fact that I haven't spoken to my boyfriend in a month, everything is just mentally draining.

"Just thinking about some things," I respond vaguely.

"Kyle?" he suggests, and I mentally curse him and the fact that he's come to know me too well over these past few months.

I pull out of his grasp and turn to face him, a small grimace making its way to my face. I could say no and easily avoid this topic, but Morgan has been a great friend to me these past few months and I feel like he won't mind if I splurge my problems on him.

"I miss him," I admit, taking my eyes of his sympathetic green ones, shifting my gaze to the floor instead. "And we haven't talked properly in over a month."

"Why?"

It's a simple question, but I don't have the answer to it.

"I don't know," is my lame response. "Maybe it's because we're both incredibly busy or maybe none of us are making enough effort to contact one another."

He nods as if he understands, but clearly he doesn't because his girlfriend has come to visit him multiple times since we started shooting. The perks of having a significant other who isn't busy 24/7.

"Look, Rayna," he starts, shoving his hands into his jean pockets. "I've never seen two people more in love with each other than you and Kyle. Whatever this is, the second you two see each other again, it will be like the long distance never happened. We only have a week left and then you're back in LA and back with Kyle."